Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netgear N300 Wireless Dual Band Modem Router Speed Issues

• 25-11-2010 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi All, Hopefully someone can help me out with this one. Today I bought a new Netgear Modem Router. I'm with eircom and wanted to upgrade from the Netopia router for a while now. I have always got decent speed, 3.5 to 4meg on a 4 meg capable line but my ping was always very high.

I set up my new Netgear modem tonight and the good news is my ping has dropped to 45, however my speed has now halved to between 1meg to 1.5 tops and my upload speed is closer to zero!
    Also for the life of me I cant get my xbox connected either by cable or wireless :(

If anyone can help me out I would be forever grateful

1044173125.png

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Are you using ethernet or wireelss for your connection? Have you checked to see what speed you are syncing at?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jdonagh

I'm wired so really don't know what the problem could be. Syncing? Not sure where to check that. I'm going to give it another go tonight maybe drop the firewall or try some port forwarding

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jdonagh

spent over an hour onto netgear support tonight but no joy. Back to Netopia i guess :(:(

Advertisement