Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Mcelderry in the George on 17 Dec

Options
  • 25-11-2010 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭

Joe Mcelderry is playing in the George on Friday, December 17th, tickets cost €10.

Ticket price, for once, is very reasonable.

This is also a heads up to avoid the George on that night if you aren't a fan:).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Donnaghm

He's gorgeous. His new album sucks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Will be avoiding!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Is a 10 euro gig Joe's version of Leon's 5.99 bargain bin album? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

fletch wrote: »
    Will be avoiding!
    I will not walk out my front door. Let alone go anywhere near George St

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

What's with the negativity? He seems like a cool guy, great role model for younger guys, his coming out encouraged me to come out - I did only a month or so after he did. And he's a year or two younger than me!

His music isn't to everyone's taste (not crazy about it myself) but I think this could be a fun night, he'll surely get some atmosphere going in the place. Will make a big effort to get to this.

• Advertisement

joeiscool wrote: »
    What's with the negativity? He seems like a cool guy, great role model for younger guys, his coming out encouraged me to come out - I did only a month or so after he did. And he's a year or two younger than me!

His music isn't to everyone's taste (not crazy about it myself) but I think this could be a fun night, he'll surely get some atmosphere going in the place. Will make a big effort to get to this.
    Fair play to both of you.

But his music is shíte

I heard him on the radio today, saying he has a gig in Dublin on 17 december, but he "couldn't remember where it was". Come on, is he afraid now to say The George. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

call me when Rage are playing....

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭damienricefan

I'd kill to get into this for free, anyone on here hook me up with some free admission? don't plan on staying in the G the whole night so it would be such a waste of a tenner in!

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭gibson

So not too many on the boards going to see Joe then :p

I'll be there with some mates so should be a laugh, im more interested to see how the hell they actually lay it out considering the stage is tiny and you can only really see if youre on the dancefloor or on the balcony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

gibson wrote: »
    So not too many on the boards going to see Joe then :p

I'll be there with some mates so should be a laugh, im more interested to see how the hell they actually lay it out considering the stage is tiny and you can only really see if youre on the dancefloor or on the balcony

Yep only a few hundred wil actually get to see him properly and the George is not nice when it's too packed. So make sure you're early.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭gibson

Yep only a few hundred wil actually get to see him properly and the George is not nice when it's too packed. So make sure you're early.

A few hundred was a generous guess ;) I was there and got near enough the side of the bar but the bouncer wasnt letting anyone get any further so even though i was close enough I still couldnt see a thing :(

I think the only people who saw anything decent were the ones right at the stage at the front, anyone on the balcony and then a few tall people!

Advertisement