Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wintry spell forecasting discussion - 25/11/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Iancar29 wrote: »
    232 people on the weather forum! :D... KEEP IT GOIN PEOPLE! ha

* We should entice people from other forums to join the fun* :)

Get WingerPL and round them up like sheep using the car !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Looks like snow change begins from 3am tonight with a big chance of a periods of of snow along the East coast crossing upto 25 miles inland persisting well into Saturday:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

God this is torture for us corkonians but i continue to read this thread! Waiting in anticipation of some sensational snow snaps!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

Looks like snow change begins from 3am tonight with a big chance of a periods of of snow along the East coast crossing upto 25 miles inland persisting well into Saturday:D:D:D

I hope it makes as far as Navan this time. :D Missed out bigtime last year due the Isle of Man splitting the streamers:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭oterra

The Chill in west dublin is unmerciful!!!

• Advertisement

Ah man, this means I will probably sit up now waiting for it... thanks Weathercheck :(
    LOL
    :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

Snow showers missed Galway City to the East and West in the last few hours.Fear not fellow snow lovers,as there's a nice one on a direct hit course for the city in the next hour or 2:).
    http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I think the showers may die out for a time later tomorrow and overnight as winds slacken before Easterlies return later Sunday to start it up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

In Dublin CC. It has gone bittttttttttttter out.

Birrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Bring on the Snow

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

about time, sitting here waiting for the snow, :D i'll been like an olde bizzy body with the curtain open looking out every min now.... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Get WingerPL and round them up like sheep using the car !

Ill just call him...... I.S.C team... ASSEMBLE!! * Anchorman all the way ! *

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

A snowy afternoon tomorrow in the southeast?

24-574.GIF?26-12

Saganist wrote: »
    In Dublin CC. It has gone bittttttttttttter out.

Birrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Bring on the Snow

3.2 o C here in Finglas... with the sun setting now its looking good!!:)

glossy wrote: »
    about time, sitting here waiting for the snow, :D i'll been like an olde bizzy body with the curtain open looking out every min now.... :D
    It will be a few hours yet, 8-12 I'd say before we see any in dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

oterra wrote: »
    It will be a few hours yet, 8-12 I'd say before we see any in dublin!

lol i will be still waiting, looking at the last of the sun rays of a lovely winter day,,, :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Cassidy28

Looks like were in for a big snow dump tonight,in the east,and sunday night looks good also,i cant wait:D:D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

That is unusual ..just hovering above 1 degree here in Castlknock!!:D

glossy wrote: »
    lol i will be still waiting, looking at the last of the sun rays of a lovely winter day,,, :)
    Might just do the same meself:P:D:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

The Road Safety Authority (RSA) has issued a ‘Road Safety Alert’ today Thursday 25th November 2010, following a weather warning forecasting very cold, wintry conditions this weekend. From late Friday (26th November) through the weekend, snow showers affecting north Connacht, Donegal and eastern counties of Leinster are likely. Generally throughout the country, there will be sharp or severe ground frosts at night, leading to ice formation on damp and untreated surfaces.

FROM CLARE COUNTY COUNCIL:
    Clare County Council is advising motorists to take extra care and caution on our roads following a weather warning forecasting very cold, wintry conditions this weekend.
    Clare County Council will be salting routes in accordance with the winter maintenance programme. However all road users are reminded that during this cold spell they should avoid making any journeys unless necessary in the interests of road safety.

Please heed the advice from the Road Safety Authority in relation to the use of roads in wintry conditions.

Clare County Council's emergency telephone number – 087 4169496.

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    That is unusual ..just hovering above 1 degree here in Castlknock!!:D

Really?... is urs open to the wind?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Cashel Mc

Cant wait for snow here in west Wicklow looks like its going to hit hard, been following/ lurking in this tread all week :D:D:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

was in blanch walking home from college and there was a few tiny snow flakes in the wind, about 4 or 5 snow flakes lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

I'll be back in Finglas in about 2 hours. Then settle in for a night of the toy show with the young lad, a few Paulanners, F5's on the weather forum every few mins or so, and a good vantage point at the lampost just outside..

BRING IT ON

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Ill just call him...... I.S.C team... ASSEMBLE!! * Anchorman all the way ! *

SNF02TV4A-682_1017213a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Tomorrow afternoon looks savage for the east/south east on the GFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

I think the showers may die out for a time later tomorrow and overnight as winds slacken before Easterlies return later Sunday to start it up again.
    I agree the easterly really only gets going on late sun night, there will be showers but not moving very fast inland according to the new 5 day on meteireann,

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/5day-ireland.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

12z GFS a late upgrade for snow in the Dublin area on Saturday/Sunday. Max temps on Saturday of 3c and Sunday of 1c with lots of showers about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Cassidy28

Great forecast for the east this weekend and next week on rte there,expect lots of snow,and a strong easterly wind;):p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Why is it that anytime I just have to follow this thread, expecting a big dump of snow, it's always happening at some mad hour of the morning?!?!? Last Jan it was a 5 in the morning job before a blizzard arrived!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Hardly a cloud in the sky in Castleknock yet smoke snow flakes and hail was falling..and I have not been drinking!!:D:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement