Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wintry spell forecasting discussion - 25/11/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I can't believe it myself Leahly, It looks like a proper summer evening thunderstorm (they used to happen one time). Sky is pure black and but everything is glowing.

Pics?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Figuramatyi

Some very heavy snow showers in the last hour, stoppped for the moment but a death black shower cloud racing down from Mayo beginning to engulf the sky rapidly. This shower looks serious and would rival anything in the Midwest of the US and that is no exaggeration!!!! Very eerie tone of light.

I second that. Menacing cloud and finally in the right direction!
    And I'm hitting the street in 10m. Jay! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Some very heavy snow showers in the last hour, stoppped for the moment but a death black shower cloud racing down from Mayo beginning to engulf the sky rapidly. This shower looks serious and would rival anything in the Midwest of the US and that is no exaggeration!!!! Very eerie tone of light.
    No Way! I've been at home all day and nothing was happening. As soon as I sat into the car to go to work it starting snowing, and now this:mad:
    Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

leahyl wrote: »
    Pics?:)

No camara at hand :(:(:(. Blinding snow once again!! Visablily down to nothing. This turning out to be quite an evening!! :):):):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Snow shower on the way to Galway City within the next hr. Get the camera ready Fiona

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

I've just finished my new improved SnowShield v1.2....in operation as and from tonight, it will cover Offaly Westmeath and Laois. If snow does fall in these areas over the next week it will only be due to teething problems....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Figuramatyi

I can't believe it myself Leahly, It looks like a proper summer evening thunderstorm (they used to happen one time). Sky is pure black and but everything is glowing.

Where are you exactly? Cause this is what I'm seeing from Wellpark too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭John2009

Pics please when it arrives :)

No camara at hand :(:(:(. Blinding snow once again!! Visablily down to nothing. This turning out to be quite an evening!! :):):):):)

Damn you! Damn you to hell!! :D I am sooo jealous right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Pics or it's not happening:p

just saw the post above. congratulations paddy1:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

not even a moblie phone pic, to quench our thirst for snow bliss?

Where are you exactly? Cause this is what I'm seeing from Wellpark too :)

Tuam Figuramatyi, for once we are getting some decent weather!! Snow is settling proper this time, roofs are white!! :):):):):):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Tuam Figuramatyi, for once we are getting some decent weather!! Snow is settling proper this time, roofs are white!! :):):):):):):):):)

Good stuff! :D

you turned your back on snow and look what happens :D

*jumps in car to go to Tuam....(well not really but it's what i want to do!):D

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭faktisperminute

wow what a nice day! heavy snow showers, its now 0 degrees and clear sky,
    waiting till all the wet ground gonna freeze and let the snow showers come in again!

I AM SO WATCHING THE LAMP POST TONIGHT! :D

Total white out here now! I feel like crying for some reason hands are shaking big time!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

has it renewed your faith in snow DE or would you rather winter atlantic ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

it snowed in baileboro in cavan today for ten mins the just stopppedhow strange:D

Total white out here now! I feel like crying for some reason hands are shaking big time!!!

aaaawwww:) - now that's an unhealthy love of snow!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

I am crossing my fingers that we get to see some snow in Limerick :D

:D

i know i probably sound like a broken record, but it just goes to show the best snowfalls are those we don't expect!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Schools/colleges closed on Monday in the east then??:)
    Question, because the Irish sea is warmer than the North sea, would this make the snow heavier than what eastern Englands been getting?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Longboard

How about looking for a local webcam?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭roryc1

Big girl

no I'm not jealous

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Looks like things are going to get balmy in Galway...
    Galway prepares for weekend freeze
    Galway's local authorities are preparing for the worst this weekend as overnight temperatures are expected to drop below six degrees.

roryc1 wrote: »
    Big girl

no I'm not jealous

HEHE you're so envious i bet you're green:D!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Congrats man! You deserve it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

I hope you're out playing in it Deep Easterly, We want some photos!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

snubbleste wrote: »
    Looks like things are going to get balmy in Galway...

lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement