Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wintry spell forecasting discussion - 25/11/2010 onwards

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

Has anyone any idea what time the snow will hit Dublin?

Ive a whole tube of jellytots waiting to be opened upon snow...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Current Claremorris webcam:

136594.jpg

with footprints added for effect!! :pac:

nice!
    i'm tempted to drive over there.

meanwhile, here the wind and temperature are both on the rise. it may as well just clear up at this stage and just cut out the messing. **shakes fists furiously towards the sky.**

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Jake1 wrote: »
    Has anyone any idea what time the snow will hit Dublin?

Ive a whole tube of jellytots waiting to be opened upon snow...:D

Between midnight and 2am would be my not very educated guess.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Keep an eye on the M2 buoy for those in Dublin. We need the Dew Point out there (30km's east of Howth Head) to be BELOW 1C for snow to be realistic at coastal fringes. (The reason I don't say below zero is because of it's distance from land) Currently it is 1.1C having fallen .6C in the last hour. This will be crucial so Dubs should keep an eye on that.

http://met.ie/latest/buoy.asp

If the DP reaches within .5C of 0 on the buoy snow is a dead cert on immediate coasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭John2009

Nothing happening in Cork City but a clear starry night :)

to everyone up the west and northwest enjoy the snow but wrap up coz its god damn cold outside

P1030088.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

is there going to be any snow at all in cork??

baraca wrote: »
    Between midnight and 2am would be my not very educated guess.

cheers, I know someone mentioned about 3 ish earlier, but then I was sure I read earlier, so just wanted to check. Thanks guys.

Oh I cant wait. Fire is blazing. Cant bate de aul turf!!!!
    When it snows I going to leggit out in it! Get freezing cold, and run back in again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Fionagus wrote: »
    Now heavy SNOW!! :D:D

Almost whiteout conditions here now P and it's sticking :)

congrats Fi!! :)

Cleared up here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Just under 1 degree in West Dublin...the snow should be falling in the next 5 or 6 hours!!!:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

really heavy snow here now, knockdoe galway 50 m up, stuck every where ill upload a pic,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭joe199

Jake1 wrote: »
    cheers, I know someone mentioned about 3 ish earlier, but then I was sure I read earlier, so just wanted to check. Thanks guys.

Oh I cant wait. Fire is blazing. Cant bate de aul turf!!!!
    When it snows I going to leggit out in it! Get freezing cold, and run back in again.

same hear ha cant wait:D

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    is there going to be any snow at all in cork??

Doubt it..as I have previously said there is more chance of it snowing in Nice than in Cork City..although North Cork has a better chance. You had better drive up to Dublin/Wicklow..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Looks like snow in Galway city

http://www.galway.net/about/webcam/

Lack of stickage though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    Just under 1 degree in West Dublin...the snow should be falling in the next 5 or 6 hours!!!:D:D:D:D

Yep, Tomorrow will be a day when the east will shine going by the latest HIRLAM prep forecast.:

prec_nordeuro-16.gif

Amazing really how even a small change in wind direction can have a huge impact on the local weather in Ireland. I wouldn't be surprised to to hear reports of thunder tomorrow as well along the Irish sea coasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

:( lovely starry nite here in arklow!!!!! let it snow please:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

5209266897_7521287344_b.jpg

Got some snow here in galway city at last. This is the view from my apartment. Seems to be sticking!

I just realised something. My Ma passed a while back. This is the first time Ive felt a bit of genuine happiness since then.
    Snow, ? who'd a thunk it.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Temp -1.2 and dew point -2.9. All I need now is some precip:D

Patiently waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Pete2k

And it's just started snowing again in Tuam:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kn2k10

5209266897_7521287344_b.jpg

Got some snow here in galway city at last. This is the view from my apartment. Seems to be sticking!

"Seems to be sticking"?

XD

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭doOh

damn, i live in renmore, galway and it aint that white at all :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

THE MET EIREANN FORECAST LOOKS DICIDEDLY WINTRY,

personally I think the Southern Half will see a bit milder weather Wednesday onwards.

Saturday night will be extremely cold with a widespread severe frost and icy stretches on roads. Most places will be dry. However wintry showers of sleet and snow will affect coastal counties of Leinster, Ulster and north Connacht. The showers in these areas will continue on Sunday. They'll fall mainly as rain or sleet along the coast, but will fall as snow further inland. Most of the country will be dry and bright with sunny spells. Day time temperatures will only reach between 0 and 2 degrees and there'll be another severe frost on Sunday night. From Monday through to Friday it will continue to be extremely cold mainly moderate northeasterly winds. Daytime temperatures will range from 0 to 2 degrees and with values dropping as low as -5 or -6 at night giving severe frosts. Most of the country will be dry, but wintry showers of sleet and snow will continue to affect coastal counties of Leinster, Ulster and north Connacht. The showers in Leinster will push further inland at times and will fall as snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

doOh wrote: »

It stuck to the grass and steel surfaces, but its already melting on concrete. Im going off on the motorway to dublin now, so it could be dodgy around cappataggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭nifheorais

doOh wrote: »

Huge flakes in Westside of Galway city.Turning into slush now.Pity anyone who has to drive 2moro am.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I think it will be about 6am before the showers start hitting the east coast, it's hard to judge how beefy they will be at first. I have more hope for Saturday night and Sunday evening for the east coast.

That mention of rain along the coast by Met Eireann is going to be a real problem for an awful lot of people, there's a massive number of people who live within 10km of the coast from Dundalk to Wexford. I'm mentioning it as I don't want loads of people to be pinning their hopes on this snow too much only to have heavy sleet fall on all their (and my own) disappointed heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Tipsygypsy

Snow falling (for the third time this afternoon) in Craughwell, Co Galway, but not sticking at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

I think it will be about 6am before the showers start hitting the east coast, it's hard to judge how beefy they will be at first. I have more hope for Saturday night and Sunday evening for the east coast.

That mention of rain along the coast by Met Eireann is going to be a real problem for an awful lot of people, there's a massive number of people who live within 10km of the coast from Dundalk to Wexford. I'm mentioning it as I don't want loads of people to be pinning their hopes on this snow too much only to have heavy sleet fall on all their (and my own) disappointed heads.

Take your negativity and bring it on over to the politics forum.

:P

Ah no are you serious?? I thought It was a sure thing by now.
    :confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Coldest night of this spell so far tonight i think. Temp is 1.6c DP -0.3c. NW wind at 6km/h.

More Detail @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement