Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best apartments in athlone

• 25-11-2010 1:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

How are you guys ,I want to ask you about apartments in athlone .And what is the Advantages and disadvantages .

heatherviewcourt

corgi

wellmount

Please help me and thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 DEMI1988

guys :@ help please :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Honestly, I've been in a few apartments, best ones are in the town itself. You could pay an extra 50 quid a month in town and you get a nicer apartment, but at the expense of a longer travel to college, if you're willing to do that of course.

The apartments behind Genesis are actually quite nice. Other than that, the rest around the college are fairly bog standard and nothing special, the usual student wear and tear on them all

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭BlueNemo

The apartments behind Genesis are actually quite nice.

But incredibly noisy every night Genesis is on.

Where the hell are these corgi apartments? :confused: Croi Oige?:confused:

Glenn Abhainn's quite nice I guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭TimeClock18

BlueNemo wrote: »
    But incredibly noisy every night Genesis is on.

Where the hell are these corgi apartments? :confused: Croi Oige?:confused:

Glenn Abhainn's quite nice I guess

Its not overly noisy, You do get used to it. Will be able to sleep through anything after it!

THanks guys :) , after Christmas I will move to wellmount or the apartments near the AIT

thanksssssssss million :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭davymc31

i have a small 2bed 2 bathroom terrace house beside b&q for rent €550 month if interested check it out on net 3 tormey villas athlone girl is moving out this weekend give me a ring if intersted 0872452114 i think a bus goes from b&q every morning to college

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭vinamax

Glenn Abhainn is nice, Wellmount is mostly populated with Erasmus students, Croí Oige are ok but in a "wind tunnel", they're all expensive enough but usually good for what you're paying. It can be pricey but you won't have to worry about burst pipes at least.

As Cherryghost said the ones in town are quite nice. We both live in Irishtown Central(over Euro2 and Xtravision) and friends of mine live in Belhavel(over the meteor shop). Pretty darn good for your money, and if you're up and out before 8.45am you can get the Flagline bus out to the college. I like it, it makes me get up at a decent hour and living close to Tesco is handier and safer at night. I would often feel a bit nervous going shopping at night when I lived in Willow and Cypress Gardens, especially if I had to walk to Kilmartins. But it's a matter of personal opinion.

The only ones I didn't like were Daly's apartments. The landlord often just barged in when I would be visiting friends, which is a violation of tenants rights. OK my previous landlords would come over unannounced to collect rent, but we'd agreed when I moved in that they'd be in on a certain day. And they'd let us all know well in advance if someone was viewing the house or fixing something.

thanks a million :D guys :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Scarriff Lady

Sorry if Im highjacking your thread but can I ask which are the nicest of the apartments in town...I'm a mature student(not too old ;), still like to party a wee bit) who has lived in student house for 1st year and dont want to live with 6 messy people again in an overpriced cold house....I'd love somewhere nice that has washing machine and dishwasher..not asking for much am I!:D any tips, advice or experience welcome thanks again.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Depends on your pricerange but Belhavel/Irishtown Central are relatively cheap and very nice apartments :)

• Advertisement

Thnaks I was paying €65 this year so around that I suppose but how much should I expect to pay for sharing appt in town?

That's roughly how much I'm paying for a shared 2 person apartment in Irishtown Central. Belhavel is a tad cheaper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

Depends on your pricerange but Belhavel/Irishtown Central are relatively cheap and very nice apartments :)

These are nice apartments the advantage is you've got everything on you door step an the bus that goes to college is right out side as well

Thanks for the info, where can i get contact details for these appts, limited info on line. is there an agent or would student union have info? What bills would you have to pay, are they warm appts?

Only some of the apartments are registered for college accommodation. The student union has a complete list so you can request a booklet, though at this time of the year it's probably full up. For other apartments, Hynes in town or any other such place would have the odd one up.

Other than that, daft.ie is your friend :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

I'm not a student but not long graduated. My work brings me to a lot of different areas in Athlone including the student areas and I'd personally advise steering clear of Croi Oige/Glen Abhainn and any other apartment block that is aimed at students. Everytime I go into these places at night they're full of drunk people, cars parked everywhere blocking each other in, holes in walls, several parties going on on top of each other at the same time. I could go on and on...

Definitely give priority to places that are a little more of a distance from the college, a lot of the places that were built specifically to house students are overpriced and slummy. I would advise you to go to a letting agency rather than the college accomodation office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

i like the sound of the ones closer to the city centre, like the irishtown one. do you have to have somebody to go in with on a shared or do you just apply yourself and you get put sharing with someone?

Thank you very much guys I back home :)

Where did you end up staying, you should write a review

• Advertisement
Advertisement