Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find actors?

• 25-11-2010 2:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm going to be looking for actors for various projects over the next couple of years as i'll be filming shorts and various sequences/scenes as part of my college course. Just wondering if anyone could suggest where to advertise for actors who might be looking to get some scene/short film work for their showreel etc (these would be unpaid opportunitites so it would really suit people starting out i'd imagine) used to act myself but that was a long time ago and i'm not sure of the most suitable places to advertise for actors online.

I'm going to be checking out a few theatre courses etc in person to hook up with people as well but i'd like to put as much out there as possible so really want to post opportunities online as well.

I know there's the auditions section here (which i'm about to put a post up on for something i'm filming this fri...i'll put a link at bottom of this post once its up there...unless thats against forum rules??)

Anyway if anyone can suggest other places to post online i'd appreciate it!
    Cheers
    DrF ;-)

heres the link: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=69204988#post69204988

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭inisboffin

filmmakersnetwork.ie is a good site to start with.
    Drama societies in colleges are good too, or even amateur drama groups.
    Just remember to put detailed posts and outline any fun points about the project, as you are asking for a freebie, you're the one who has to sell it!

Offering to barter is a way to perhaps get actors with more experience. You could offer to edit a showreel etc in exchange for using an actor in your project.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

crookedhouse.ie, the actor's forum, is probably your best bet. There is a section for unpaid work.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭DrFroggies

Cheers folks will check those out...have a lot of stuff coming up so i recking i'll be posting quite a bit

Thanks!

Advertisement