Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodquay

Options
  • 25-11-2010 2:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭

Is woodquay far from heuston train station.

will there be much of a turnout at the protest on saturday. really hope people get off their asses for this and protest.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Tantrum.b

Hi
    Tara St station would be closer but heuston is about a 20min walk.

hopefully there'll be a good turn out, according to facebook there'll be approx 1000, we'll see though

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001873743828&v=app_2344061033#!/event.php?eid=159766360731958&index=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Tantrum.b wrote: »
    Hi
    Tara St station would be closer but heuston is about a 20min walk.

hopefully there'll be a good turn out, according to facebook there'll be approx 1000, we'll see though

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001873743828&v=app_2344061033#!/event.php?eid=159766360731958&index=1

1000 - thats really feck all. Its pitiful. There needs to be more.

Hopefully I will be able to make it for 11. Travelling across the country. 20 minute walk is not bad. Do i just follow the quays to woodquay. sorry i dont know dublin but rambled a lot up and down the quays when i got lost visiting dublin back in september. ill find my way no doubt on saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

ilovesleep wrote: »
    1000 - thats really feck all. Its pitiful. There needs to be more.

Hopefully I will be able to make it for 11. Travelling across the country. 20 minute walk is not bad. Do i just follow the quays to woodquay. sorry i dont know dublin but rambled a lot up and down the quays when i got lost visiting dublin back in september. ill find my way no doubt on saturday.
    If you're talking about the ICTU demonstration, don't worry there'll be far more than 1000 at it.

From Hueston station all one needs to do is find the river and walk along the quays for no more than 10 minutes. Wood Quay is on the right bank in the direction you're heading.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Luas to Four Courts, then a minutes walk across the river is the easiest way under normal circumstances.

My feeling is that 20000 people marching is not out of the question, so chances are the march will be unofficially starting at Hueston anyway just to accommodate everyone.

I doubt the Luas will be going any further than Hueston, usually if there's something happening on O'Connell St they only run to Smithfield.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

The least ICTU demonstartion had 120,000 at it..i expect more this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Degsy wrote: »
    The least ICTU demonstartion had 120,000 at it..i expect more this time.

Have you seen the weather forecast, very cold and snowy. I think people coming from far away won't bother. I'm only 15 minutes away and I'm not going if there is a blizzard, or if there's ice on the roads. It will be dangerous enough without dealing with that too.

Advertisement