Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Bike Shop in Kilkenny

Options
  • 25-11-2010 2:32am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Got an invite on facebook to the opening of a new bike shop this Friday in the Market Cross, it will be called "The Bike Store". I was kind of curious if anyone knew anything about it, like if they will be selling bicycles or BSOs etc...?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭SACH Central

It's the first I've heard of it Captain. Maybe the 'Doc Man' is going mainstream, and is actually going to open an actual shop!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

No, I don't think so, I saw the names of the guys who have the fb page and I know one but he's not a cyclist, the others I haven't a scooby doo who they are. I'm pretty sure if it was the doc man we'd know.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭adrianshanahan

From what I understand its one of the guys who is involved in the Kilkenny Triathlon Club, they are going to stock both general punters bikes and a range of Road / MTB bikes and components.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Do you know if they will be selling shoes and clothing etc? I'm a newbie and got a road bike last week and need all the gear. What other shops are there in KK.

Cheers

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Trekker09 wrote: »
    Do you know if they will be selling shoes and clothing etc? I'm a newbie and got a road bike last week and need all the gear. What other shops are there in KK.

Cheers

Kilkenny cycles on Michael St. has everything you need or just ask in this forum and you'll get a positive answer farily, the best gear you could buy though is the Marble City Cyclers gear or the boards.ie gear next time it comes around :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,594 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I've passed Walls Cycles in Maudlin St a few times - does anybody know how good they are and how expensive? I need a new rim laced on.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Toblerone1978

Cheers

Keep an eye out for bike gear being sold in Lidl, and Aldi when they open. Some of it is crap, but a lot of it is not bad and is genuinely good value.

Ain't that right Captain Havoc! :p

Keep an eye out for bike gear being sold in Lidl, and Aldi when they open. Some of it is crap, but a lot of it is not bad and is genuinely good value.

Ain't that right Captain Havoc! :p

That's very much true, I buy a lot in those two stores and it is hit and miss but more hit than miss. I was today having a root around the old internet and these teams have good deals on at the moment: Skil Shimano (yes, I know I've mentioned it at least twice now), Katusha, vacansoleil and CCC Polsat.

Cheers guys, got sorted and bought stuff at Wiggle. Shoes, tights and jersey plus Cateye micro computer. All I need now is for the weather to get better and get my arse outside.

All I need now is for the weather to get better and get my arse outside.

..... and join your local friendly cycling club :)

• Advertisement

..... and join your local friendly cycling club :)

Great idea, but I'm a compete newbie. I was going to ask about that in a new thread.

around Kilkenny this morning and dropped in to check to the new bike shop. To say its not up to much would be a vast understatement.

I called also into it as well this morning, and have the same thoughts as Adrian. It's basically a clothes shop selling a few bikes and hold some very basic accessories!! I really was hoping it would be a Worldwide Cycling type shop.

Went in yesterday as wifey insisted on doing all the chrimbo shopping. I didn't read the opening post properly and was convinced that it was in McDonagh Junction. I searched the whole feckin place and even asked at the info desk, insisting that it was there and that her info needs to be updated!

Was very disappointed as well. There was no price on the jackets and didn't fancy going down stairs to ask. Nobody came up to see if I needed anything so I just headed off. It feels as though the owner is just dipping their toes into the market to see what it's like out there, but this approach can backfire. Hopefully things will improve and a return journey will more than likely tell me more.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Patharagos

Dealt with this bike store,talks the talk. I bought a high end racing bike, frame developed cracks after 6 months. Owner started ignoring my calls...disgraceful way to treat a customer. I would avoid this place, never again....hasn't a clue about after sales,good at excuses though, just in for the quick buck with inadequate back up, not recommended :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

How long has it been since you first went back to the shop about the cracks in the frame?

Patharagos wrote: »
    Dealt with this bike store,talks the talk. I bought a high end racing bike, frame developed cracks after 6 months. Owner started ignoring my calls...disgraceful way to treat a customer. I would avoid this place, never again....hasn't a clue about after sales,good at excuses though, just in for the quick buck with inadequate back up, not recommended :mad::mad::mad:

I'd take this 'advice' with a pinch of salt. Maybe the complaint is genunine but consider Patharargos all 7 posts to date are all about complaining about something, I'd have my doubts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭happytramp

I'd take this 'advice' with a pinch of salt. Maybe the complaint is genunine but consider Patharargos all 7 posts to date are all about complaining about something, I'd have my doubts.

grandpa_simpson_yelling_at_cloud_thumb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1 davidcroock

The Walls Cycles has a lot of stock and good prices, they are on 87 Maudlin Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

It’s been 3 years , I think they are sorted

Advertisement