Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

monitors...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Don't know how good Iiyama's monitors are nowadays. Specs seem good enough and it is a 27" jobbie :)

Really the good monitors kick off from €129 with the BenQ G2220HD. The 24" BenQ for €175 is from the same series and is also a good panel, but the €199 LG 24" is even better, with a very tight 2ms refresh, better contrast and HDMI, making it worth the extra cash ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

OP before you buy anything from Komplett I would suggest looking at their forum here on boards.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=242

Alot of very unhappy customers waiting months to best part of a year on RMA's and refunds. I almost bought a monitor from them last week but after Glazun's post I spent my money elsewhere ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Jebus its even worse there than it was back at the takeover!! Was the takeover just a clever hatchet-job/legal sabotage I wonder? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

That IIyama got a really good review in this months pcformat mag, got 3rd out of its monitor reviews with 88%, only two too beat it where a 28" hanns-g 89% and a 24" benq va panel 90%. I wouldnt go with the hanns-g though, really good monitors but there customer service is horrible, i'm in the process of getting one of theiir 28" ones repaired/replaced and they dont answer there phones which is a british number as none for ireland and i'm waiting over a week on a reply to my emails that they just stopped replying too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

OP
    I bought a 24" iiyama from Komplett about 6 weeks ago. Delivery was next day and free. The monitor is plasticy and light in build, but the LCD screen performs beautifully. Really great monitor and I'm delighted with it.
    Also I have bought a few items off Komplett since the summer. Had no hassle and swift free deliveries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Chuie

Hi All, I'm looking to buy a monitor to be used to connect my laptop for a bigger external display.
    So far I've looked at Dell, Samsung and LG screens.
    I was thinking the bigger the better so a 27" would be preferable but as I will be sitting quite close to the screen at my desk I would be open to a smaller screen if it would be better suited.
    Does anyone have any recommendations on what would be best?
    Price range is between €500 and €1000.
    Thanks!

Advertisement