Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 Ultimate Team Thread

Options
  • 25-11-2010 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭

Been getting into this a bit over the past week or two and have to say I'm enjoying it. The entertainment value increases hugely when you actually start getting players you recognise. Managed to get a few good players this week: Cambiasso, Grafite (goal machine), Dos Santos, Hernandez, Anderson, Palombo.

What it's really missing is a 'Friend Trade' function where you could just trade players directly with your mates etc. Would have been handy for working out deals on here too.

Anyone else playing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Been playing it for a bit, my main team is doing rather well, it's not a great team by any means but I got Defoe and Dzeko up front and they are goal machines...

I have a 4-4-2 formation going with a mainly Spanish defence and midfield.. Think my chemistry is in the mid 80s if I play everyone in their defined roles along side other spaniards..

I usually find that I lose interest in UT rather quickly however but I like done of the new things this year plus u can manage Ur team online now and trade via their website...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

thewools wrote: »
    Been playing it for a bit, my main team is doing rather well, it's not a great team by any means but I got Defoe and Dzeko up front and they are goal machines...

I have a 4-4-2 formation going with a mainly Spanish defence and midfield.. Think my chemistry is in the mid 80s if I play everyone in their defined roles along side other spaniards..

I usually find that I lose interest in UT rather quickly however but I like done of the new things this year plus u can manage Ur team online now and trade via their website...

Yeah my chemistry is a bit all over the place at the moment, although it's solid in some areas.

Can have an all Mexican right side - Mexican RB whos name escapes me, Dos Santos, Hernandez.

All Argentinian CM - Cambiasso + Palomo.

All Brazilian central attacking - Grafite + Anderson.

As I said I think if there was a friend trade system where you could choose who you sold too it would be much more interesting.

Question: I know your chemistry increases the more players you have of the same nationality, but does it work the same if you have a number of players form the same club?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Same formation to your team formation increases chemistry as well as players from same team..

The chemistry makes a serous difference, I have beaten teams with all 80 plus players but poor chemistry.. It seems to affect everything from workrate, positioning etc

Yeah it plays a huge part, which is pretty cool as any team of players thrown together or getting three new members in a short space of time will obviously struggle with it, playing together is what will help.

I really need a manager and a good CB atm. I have one semi-decent strong CB but he's slow as fook so need to get in a speedy one to help offset that.

I was just thinking maybe you could try and trade with friends etc. If you put a player up for trade at an odd price, sat 9,100, and let the person you agreed the trade with know when you were doing it they could filter out any of that player above or below that buy it now price. And as long as they were online at that time they should get him straight away. Workable?

Anyone playing this at all? I've a few decent enough players available for trade if anyone is:

Abbiati
    Nani
    Gourcuff
    Cissokho
    M'Bia
    Coupet
    Perez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,086 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I'm playing it and built up quite a number of good squads. I have 3 gold teams, 2 bronze teams and a silver team. I enjoy playing with my mostly English bronze team: got Hoyte, Sodje and Odejayi. I think they should add more featured tournaments with bigger payouts as the ones we have at the moment only reward you with about 5,000 coins.

I've only two squads atm, both gold. One La Liga and one Premier League.

The La Liga one I'm still stuck playing one or two non-La Liga players in (Anderson/Grafite/Nani). Grafite is unbelievable in this game, he bangs in goals for fun.

Only started my gold EPL team last night and it's coming along fairly well, need a decent RB and RM though. a Stringer striker than Chicho would be handy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,086 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I'd recommend Hleb for RM - very cheap (you can pick him up for around 2k), he has great dribbling skills and you can't go wrong with Bacary Sagna at RB.

jebforever wrote: »
    I'd recommend Hleb for RM - very cheap (you can pick him up for around 2k), he has great dribbling skills and you can't go wrong with Bacary Sagna at RB.

Was looking at Hleb alright. Want to pick up two players form the same team though for chemistry reasons. Thinking Sagna/Walcott.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Karl96

why cant i play fifa 11 ultimate team? I've downloaded and installed it but I still cant play it. It just say that ea servers are currently unavailable, please try again later. I've tried to go into it about 100 times but it still says the servers are unavailable! I cant understand it, my friends have no problems. Can anyone help me?

• Advertisement

Anyone still playing this? Have plenty of players I'd be willing to sell/trade if so, mainly La Liga or EPL but a few decent Bundesliga and Serie A players too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Fresco_

Need help.

I have T.Huddlestone but he got 5 yellow cards and hence got suspeneded.

But he has been out for over 15 games now? What's going on? Anybody any idea?

Please reply as i'm very confused. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Fresco_ wrote: »
    Need help.

I have T.Huddlestone but he got 5 yellow cards and hence got suspeneded.

But he has been out for over 15 games now? What's going on? Anybody any idea?

Please reply as i'm very confused. :confused:

You need to keep him in your main squad so he will serve the suspension, I got caught with this too took me ages too cop on

threein99 wrote: »
    You need to keep him in your main squad so he will serve the suspension, I got caught with this too took me ages too cop on

Ohhhh, That makes sense now. Thanks very much. :)

Is this also the same for injures or must you get a card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Fresco_ wrote: »
    Ohhhh, That makes sense now. Thanks very much. :)

Is this also the same for injures or must you get a card?

I cant remember if its the same for injuries, it could well be, Havent played Ultimate Team since Christmas.

threein99 wrote: »
    I cant remember if its the same for injuries, it could well be, Havent played Ultimate Team since Christmas.

I discovered it was the same for injuries. I'm only starting to get back into in now aswell.

Anybody not playing this that is willing to sell their players?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Anyone still playing this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 milkybar kid wk

could somebody explain to me how an all silver team is so good, i just played one again and the defenders do be faster then arron lennon, i really dont get it whats the big secret with the silver players, i hate playing a team with all silver there too hard id rather play all the best gold rare card players

plz let me no cause im sick of these silver teams being better then mine, for me it does not make sense

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Got the normal version of ronaldo in a pack today. F*c*ing delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Moffat16

http://www.facebook.com/photo.​php?fbid=243183255699312&set=a​.243183149032656.67631.1000002​29188985&type=1&theater anyone wana buy this team off me for 20 euro through paypal? im bored of ultimate team right now im rubbish at it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

If anyone wants to make a few easy coin on Ultimate Team before fifa 12 is out then i have a free coin guide on my blog. www.fifaultimateteamcoinguide.blogspot.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Started getting into this - well, started because of a web series I started with some friends (and only play for that). Good idea, chemistry is a little flawed at times, but an enjoyable mode. Packs seem useless most of the time...very much learning as we go. Started a thread for it so I won't spam the link, but would appreciate extra views and comment. :)

Looking forward to playing it in 12 - only small changes required.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Yeah, love ultimate team. Best thing in the game if you ask me.

My team at the minute
    ut1_1.png

I managed to get that 83 IF Remy for 17.5k last night. He's worth at least 30k with the 48 game contract he has right now. I'll probably sell him on since I have an 82 IF Delgado on the bench.

People keep sending me messages after I play them asking why my team is much faster than theirs :pac:

Advertisement