Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Knee Brace

• 25-11-2010 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭

anyone recommend a good brand/type for post acl reconstruction?
    skiing in 2 months time

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I have a big fancy brace that I acquired from busting my MCL when in Livigno a few years ago. Not sure what brand it is or anything, but the NHS was trying to steal it and the crutches off me when I then passed through one of their hospitals shortly after the incident.

However, pretty much everything I was told and read after breaking myself that time was to not wear a brace of anykind for sports once everything is back in working order. Their thinking seemed to be that the brace would actually weaken the recovery as you are then reliant on it, instead of the way that your knee should be working naturally.

I would definitely advise to get a professionally opinion on the state of your knee first, and as to if you actually need anything to support it. Either a sports physio type person, or the person who cut you open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

sorry i should have been more specific

just back from injury - need a brace to give extra support on a once-off basis
    but i want to get one that works..
    any suggestions would be useful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭Optimum

Have a look at donjoy, Although they can be quite expensive, they have a good selection of post op braces and support braces. If I remember they supply the UsA ski team or Canada team.

I got a donjoy brace last year after making sh!t of my shoulder and dislocating it on the last day, Went back boarding 2 weeks later and I have to say felt very secure. Since that have had an op and now well on the mend..

Advertisement