Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get artificial xmas tree in Galway

Options
  • 25-11-2010 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

hi folks,
    we need to get an artificial tree this yr, but after a trip to McGaughs on the headford road last night i am a bit disgusted. for a 6ft tree we are talking 250-300 euro approx, i just dont get it, this is a joke.
    anyway, i am looking for a tree that is 6 or 7ft by 3 or 4ft wide. it needs to be a 'full' looking tree, not one of those thin branched efforts.
    A real tree is not an option for us this yr.
    If someone can reccommend somewhere that would be great.
    woodies and b&q have nothing to suit either.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

You could try argos maybe? linky

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Don't know if you'll find what your looking for cheap. I'm looking for one myself but it's tough going. Dunnes have them for about 90 I believe. A 6ft, doesn't look the best.

I saw them in Aldi for 35 but they looked really poor. If you find a good one, for a good price. Let me know!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

If you wait until the week before xmas you'll get it damn cheap in argos

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭tribesman78

I got one in Dunnes last year. Not sure if they are the same this year but the one i got was very good quality and was around €125 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭lion_bar

B&Q

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Got an 8ft in tesco for €99 two years ago, takes around two hours to set it up because of all the branches but looks very impressive when finished. It takes 640 LED lights to decorate it

tesco-8ft-alaskan-tree.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

Is there anywhere that has small trees?

2/3ft tall or something,so i can put on a table etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

McDonaghs in Ballybane used to have a Christmas shop. Haven't been up there lately to know if they're doing it this year or not though.

Advertisement