Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement PVC Door Panel

• 25-11-2010 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi

I hope someone can help here, if this is the correct forum. I'm looking to fit a Cat Flap to the back door, PVC split into an upper and lower section. The upper is frosted glass and the lower is a moulded PVC panel.

I can't fit the cat flap because of the moulding. I need a plain PVC panel or a glass panel to be able to cut the cat flap hole but I cannot find anyone who would just sell a replacement panel. Been looking for the last year.

Could anyone help?

Thanks
    Patrick

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

chewborg wrote: »
    Hi

I hope someone can help here, if this is the correct forum. I'm looking to fit a Cat Flap to the back door, PVC split into an upper and lower section. The upper is frosted glass and the lower is a moulded PVC panel.

I can't fit the cat flap because of the moulding. I need a plain PVC panel or a glass panel to be able to cut the cat flap hole but I cannot find anyone who would just sell a replacement panel. Been looking for the last year.

Could anyone help?

Thanks
    Patrick

I'm sure plastic other than pvc would do it - so long as the colours right. This crowd sell to the domestic market. http://www.accessplastics.com/about

• Registered Users Posts: 4 chewborg

Thanks for your reply. I rang them, but they didn't seem to think what they had would be ideal, suggested a door shop.

Tried many of these but no one will just sell a replacement panel, they want you to buy the whole door.

Patrick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

chewborg wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply. I rang them, but they didn't seem to think what they had would be ideal, suggested a door shop.

Tried many of these but no one will just sell a replacement panel, they want you to buy the whole door.

Patrick

Okay.

See can you find a material called 'trespa'. It's used in laboratory furniture, is a hard and rigid and stable as can be . A lab furniture manufacturer might sell you a piece. Or you can try the Irish agents (irrc, I've bought smaller pieces from them which they cut to suit)

http://www.arcameron.ie/contact-us.html?PHPSESSID=7efeb50bc62fbec4ae8c94f4c36c5ce2

If you do source it, see will they cut the hole you need for your cat flap too as it's pretty tough stuff to work with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 AudB

Hi Patrick,

Did you ever find replacement pvc panel? we are in the same situation - want to replace glass panel with pvc for fitting cat flap. Can you let me know if you ever had any luck locating?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

AudB wrote: »
    Hi Patrick,

Did you ever find replacement pvc panel? we are in the same situation - want to replace glass panel with pvc for fitting cat flap. Can you let me know if you ever had any luck locating?

were are you located op

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 AudB

We're in Dublin (Terenure)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭650gs

Hi if you didnt get sorted PM me a number and I will sort it for you its not a big deal

Advertisement