Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salting/Gritting Driveway

• 25-11-2010 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

After last Christmas I don't want to be house bound again or in fear of falling in my own driveway. Can anyone tell me if I can buy salt and grit my own driveway and also what would be the best way to go about this.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Was in the co op yesterday,they do a 25kg bag of rock salt for 6.80e,be wary putting it on concrete as it will break the top of the concrete eventually,maybe mix it with grit should give you good traction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Niteadds

If you can clear the area you normally work with ie: where the car drives and foot path with a spade or something that will brake up the hard snow and ice. After that you can put out the grit, just gritting on top of it isn't enough to keep it off. Once the snow is clear it will be grand and you will be able to move freely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

By NO means put salt on concrete it will start to crumble the surface. P.S a fool learns from his own mistake a wise person from others. :oif u get some fine stone like a 6mm washed chip this will help someway in giving u grip but first u have to clear the snow. i use a petrol powered blower and it works a treat.

Advertisement