Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Under what circumstances might a thread be removed without notice?

Options
  • 25-11-2010 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭

Hi

I posted this thread yesterday.

http://boards.ie/tre/2056100301

Some members responded without much ado, and no Mod made any negative comment.

I believe the thread may have been removed, but since no notice was given I have no idea why.

Can you let me know what the process/rationale was, for future reference?

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Notice does not have to be given before a thread is deleted. In this case your thread requested people to post how fast they had driven on Irish roads. Regardless of whether or not they drove safely, anything above 120kph is, by definition, breaking the law in this country. We can't permit any thread that promotes irresponsible, illegal and unsafe activities and that's why the thread was deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Zaph wrote: »
    Notice does not have to be given before a thread is deleted. In this case your thread requested people to post how fast they had driven on Irish roads. Regardless of whether or not they drove safely, anything above 120kph is, by definition, breaking the law in this country. We can't permit any thread that promotes irresponsible, illegal and unsafe activities and that's why the thread was deleted.

Many thanks for your prompt response.

I read the Motors faq etc and considered deleting or altering the thread. However, on reflection I reckoned I was not promoting such illegal behaviour. Context is important here. If you look at my other posts elsewhere you will see clearly where I stand on compliance with road traffic law.

Can you clarify whether the thread was removed because (a) the OP was promoting such behaviour, or (b) whether subsequent posts broke that rule thereby taking the thread in an inappropriate direction?

If (a), what specific aspect of my post was an infringement, given that the thread was terminated before it could be developed further (and its purpose made clearer)?

If (b), why were the offenders not tackled directly?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You'll need to contact the Motors forum mods for clarification as to exactly why the thread was deleted as one of them removed it.

Advertisement