Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband - some phone line questions

• 25-11-2010 12:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of switching to UPC TV/Phone/Broadband.

Can I still use my old phones with this or do I have to use the supplied phone only?
    Can I just plug a RJ10 phone cable into the phone port on the router and split off to my existing phone "network"?
    Will a fax machine (I've a fax facility on my printer which I use occasionally) work?
    I have a digi dialler on my house alarm, will this still work?

Replies appreciated, Thanks in advance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

jpfahy wrote: »

Can I still use my old phones with this or do I have to use the supplied phone only?
    Can I just plug a RJ10 phone cable into the phone port on the router and split off to my existing phone "network"?
    Will a fax machine (I've a fax facility on my printer which I use occasionally) work?
    I have a digi dialler on my house alarm, will this still work?

Replies appreciated, Thanks in advance
    hi maybe just ring upc 1908 it a free number and ask them.I am getting upc broadband and just wondering how much are people paying for 15mb broadband and phone like how much there bills are evey month thanks. They said when i rang them 57 euro umlimited local and national calls is this just peak times or anytime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sheilaf2511

I don't know about alarm but I got in UPC a couple of weeks ago and my phone was transferred yesterday and now I can only use the one they installed and the fax doesn't work. Anyone any ideas how to fix this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

I don't know about alarm but I got in UPC a couple of weeks ago and my phone was transferred yesterday and now I can only use the one they installed and the fax doesn't work. Anyone any ideas how to fix this?

You just need to "register" your old handsets with the new one. google your phone model. Simplez :cool:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes The UPC modem just gives out a regular analouge phone line . Any Phone will work.
    Pretty much. What we do is get a double RJ11 socket
    Like this one
    un46a_new.jpg
    Connect A RJ11 to RJ11 lead from the modem into socket 1
    Connect socket 1 to your alarm digi.
    Return from your alarm digi to socket 2 & also connect any your existing network to here. (Disconnect any external incoming line, like eircoms, from this ) Plug your house phone into Socket 2 or any other socket on the network. Same goes for fax etc.
    For alarm monitoring via UPC I recommend a battery back up power supply.

Advertisement