Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bin collection options

Options
  • 25-11-2010 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi All,

I live in Tramore and wondering what my bin options are,
    I signed up with mr bin man, but they are NOT collecting my recycling items, I have contacted them and I'm currently waiting for a response.
    Twice I have put my recycling items them out, twice they have left them.
    I live alone my waste is minimal, when I set up my account with bin man I was under the impression I could do it by weight by this option is not available in Tramore so they said I could pay 25€ per collection, I have yet to fill a single bin in a 6 month period so consequently I have not put my non recycling bin out for collection, it seems as if they are black mailing me "if you don't put your non recycling out we wont collect your recycling items"

Are there any other options for bin collection in tramore.

thx for your time

p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AndyKiely

I'm with the council for my own bins, not by choice though. Landlord keeps buying the yearly tickets for the bins :mad:

As far as I know, Greenstar are out in Tramore as well. I see them the odd time when I am up early on my to work.

http://www.greenstar.ie/htm/03_domestic_customers/sign_up.htm They have asign up for Waterford, so probably includes Tramore. You can give them a bell and see

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mommam

i'm with greenstar and they're great you can put out as much recycling as you want and that is free. you pay by weight for your waste refuse. great service and great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Pa the Blah

Thx guys think I'll give em a call :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Are you putting their recycling bags into the bin or just putting it in straight into the bin not in bags?

The reason I ask is that my girlfriend put a load of carboard into the bin one day and they didn't collect it. They told me they would only collect bins that had bags in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

Mr Binman doesnt collect your recycling? How come?
    That is so strange, we are with Mr Binman now and each week we leave out our general waste bin and our recycling bags, they collect each every week, we pay €28 per month, in west waterford!!

Hmm ..... I even think it says that on their website?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

is this the same Mr Binman who told the Farmer's Journal that “The Paddy is the best man in the world when he goes abroad to work but he’s a different man at home”, adding that he had, “hired non-nationals to keep manners on the Paddies.”

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Actually, I was going to post about Mr Binman here today. They havent collected my bins for 2 weeks.

I have rang them a few times and they have said they will try to collect today! If they dont I am not going to pay them. The estate looks like Calutta at this stage. Well a half icy one anyway

Advertisement