Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Irish Prose and Poetry

• 25-11-2010 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm doing Honours Irish this year as an external student (have already done the LC).

I am wondering about the material needed to study the prose and poetry, is there a book that has everything in it or do I need to buy the plays separately?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gaeilgebeo

theo2008 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm doing Honours Irish this year as an external student (have already done the LC).

I am wondering about the material needed to study the prose and poetry, is there a book that has everything in it or do I need to buy the plays separately?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Are you sitting the exam in 2011?
    Have you not looked at/studied the poetry/prose/play yet?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭theo2008

Hi,

Yes, sitting the exam in 2011. I am doing to apply for primary teaching and am just starting it now.

Does anyone know if the book Fiuntas published in 2010, by Michael O Ruairc is the right one to be using?

Hi,

Yes, sitting the exam in 2011. I am doing to apply for primary teaching and am just starting it now.

Does anyone know if the book Fiuntas published in 2010, by Michael O Ruairc is the right one to be using?

Fiúntas is a good book to use.
    It won't have the extra text/novel/play. You will have to buy that separately.
    Just a word of advice, get a move on! You are leaving it very late to only be starting the poetry and prose.
    Best of luck :)

I know it's a lot to ask but if anyone has the time, I would greatly appreciate if someone could provide me with a list of the prose and poetry I need to study and information on what students would buy to study these.

I know it's a lot to ask but if anyone has the time, I would greatly appreciate if someone could provide me with a list of the prose and poetry I need to study and information on what students would buy to study these.

All of the poetry ans prose is in the Fiúntas book.
    I would recommend "An Triail" as your extra text. It won't take long to read and the exam questions are straightforward enough! :)

• Advertisement

Thanks a mill!

Advertisement