Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Election

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

My prediction for Kerry South.

1. Tom Fleming
    2. Brendan Griffin
    3. Michael Healey Rae

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

My prediction for Kerry South.

1. Tom Fleming
    2. Brendan Griffin
    3. Michael Healey Rae

One healy rea representing part of this county was enough IMO - but thanks for your prediction, hope your wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

440Hz wrote: »
    I've deleted that last post - no call for personal insults in this forum. It inevitably leads to arguments and will not be allowed. Keep it friendly and civil please

Damn, I never saw it. It wasn't Jimmy Deenihan was it?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭kfk

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Damn, I never saw it. It wasn't Jimmy Deenihan was it?:eek:

No, not about Jimmy. It was about a member that regularly posts on this forum. Not me btw:) Glad to see it removed.

Just been to vote. From speaking to people today, John O Donoghue is getting more support than I expected.

My predictions for Kerry South

1 Brendan Griffin
    2 Tom Fleming
    3 Michael Healy Rae

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

FFS -- another prediction for healy rea in the south :mad:

My prediction north kerry --- is
    • Deenihan
    • Spring
    • Ferris

• Advertisement

dh0661 wrote: »
    FFS -- another prediction for healy rea in the south :mad:

Well, if he gets in, his dad will be an easy act to follow. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭.same.

*Fleming
    *Sheahan
    *Griffin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 taim

I would think the best result for kerry south would not be 2 FG TD's but Healy-Rae, Griffin and O Donoghue.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

Hoping Griffin gets elected. Gave him my Number 1 anyway. Seems to have a lot of support though, especially among the younger voters. I guess the boards.ie poll is a bit biased in that regard.

Prediction:
    1. Brendan Griffin
    2. Tom Fleming
    3. Michael Healy Rae

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

taim wrote: »
    I would think the best result for kerry south would not be 2 FG TD's but Healy-Rae, Griffin and O Donoghue.
    Not a hope. His father has had a huge had in ruining this country.

• Advertisement

Degag wrote: »
    Not a hope. His father has had a huge had in ruining this country.

The family businesses did well, which is the main thing.

From P.ie thread

39% box tally

Fleming Ind 20.5
    Gleeson SKIA 15.2
    Griffin FG 9.1
    Healy Rae Ind 12.6
    Moloney Lab 13.7
    ODonoghue FF 12.4
    Sheahan FG 15.3

50% Tally.

Fleming Ind 18.7
    Gleeson SKIA 13.5
    Griffen FG 10.1
    Healy Rae Ind 15.3
    Molony Lab 12.6
    ODonoghue FF 12.6
    Sheahan FG 15.7

146 of 154 boxes.

Fleming Ind 15
    Gleeson SKIA 10.8
    Griffin FG 18.4
    Healy Rae Ind 15.8
    Moloney Lab 11.5
    O'Donoghue FF 13.2
    Sheahan FG 13.6

Delighted that Griffin is doing well. :) Still impossible to call a result though

How are those figures calculated, and how reliable are they? Very happy with Griffin too. Was a bit worried with the last few posts showing him polling low but he seems to have pulled back?

How are those figures calculated, and how reliable are they? Very happy with Griffin too. Was a bit worried with the last few posts showing him polling low but he seems to have pulled back?

Yeah, they are initial tallies for the first count. He was polling low initially after the Killarney boxes were opened but pulled dramatically ahead when Dingle votes were counted. Transfers are going to be crucial so we could see the poll swing in any direction :confused:

Just got the latest exact figures from tv5.ie (live coverage from Kerry South count). Also on Radio Kerry just now.

First Prefs:

Brendan Griffin - 8680 (19.9%)
    Michael Healy-Rae - 6697 (15.4%)
    Tom Fleming - 6370 (13.6%)
    John O'Donoghue - 5777 (13.3%)
    Tom Sheahan - 5674 (13.0%)
    Marie Moloney - 4964 (11.4%)
    Michael Gleeson - 4615 (10.6%)
    Oonagh Comerford - 331 (0.8%)
    Richard Behal - 259 (0.6%)
    Dermot Finn - 231 (0.5%)

Quota Estimate - 11,000

friendface wrote: »
    Just got the latest exact figures from tv5.ie (live coverage from Kerry South count). Also on Radio Kerry just now.

First Prefs:

Michael Healy-Rae - 6697 (15.4%)

What's that translated into pot-holes?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Common as...

Glad to see Griffin doing so well and that things aren't looking good for John Expenses, but it's ****e that Son of Gombeen is getting such a high first preference hopefully he won't so well on the transfers this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Any opinion on the likley outcome.
    2 Ind and 1 FG or 2 FG and 1 Ind.

• Advertisement

Think i'd much rather Donoghue to get in than Healy Rae.

Glad to see Griffin doing so well and that things aren't looking good for John Expenses, but it's ****e that Son of Gombeen is getting such a high first preference hopefully he won't so well on the transfers this time.

Was actually surprised that JOD polled pretty well, ahead of the likes of Sheahan, Moloney and Gleeson for 1st prefs. I suppose he has the longest track-record and still had the support of older FF generation. Don't think he will do well on transfers though. Looking Like Griffin/Fleming/MHR but it's going to be a really interesting contest for the last seat anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

friendface wrote: »
    Was actually surprised that JOD polled pretty well, ahead of the likes of Sheahan, Moloney and Gleeson for 1st prefs. I suppose he has the longest track-record and still had the support of older FF generation. Don't think he will do well on transfers though. Looking Like Griffin/Fleming/MHR but it's going to be a really interesting contest for the last seat anyway

Is this an FF rump:(:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

What's that translated into pot-holes?:confused:
    Perhaps Kenmare will be getting 2 hospitals now

Robxxx7 wrote: »

This time round, they'll be lucky to get a first-aid box.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Common as...

Healy Rae is far from getting in yet, Tom Sheahan should do well on the transfer bring him back in the running. Hard to say but I reckon seeing as Jackie was in the government the HR camp may be a bit transfer toxic

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    This time round, they'll be lucky to get a first-aid box.:(

According to Mark Daly on his facebook
    "Senator Mark Daly has welcomed the decision today to grant planning permission for the 40 bed Kenmare hospital.
    Senator Daly has been infomed that the conditions will be issue to HSE estates in Dublin before the weekend.
    Glenbeigh construction have confirmed to the Senator that they hope to be on site beginning the inital stage of construction before the end of March

Planning Permission was applied for THE CONSTRUCTION OF A NEW SINGLE AND PART 2 STOREY, 40 BED RESIDENTIAL HEALTHCARE UNIT WITH ASSOCIATED MENTAL HEALTH DAY CARE CENTRE AND ANCILLARY FACILITIES. THE UNIT WILL COMPRISE OF A 14 BED HOUSEHOLD WITH INTEGRATED 6 BED DEMENTIA UNIT, A 20 BED HOUSEHOLD, A CENTRAL THERAPY MODULE AND RELATED COMMUNITY SPACES INCLUDING DENTAL SERVICES, AND A DISCRETE AMBULANCE BASE BUILDING CONTAINING OFFICE, OVERNIGHT ACCOMMODATION AND CHANGING FACILITIES. THE TOTAL FLOOR AREA OF THE DEVELOPMENT IS 4505 SQM. PROVISION IS MADE EXTERNALLY FOR A GOODS DELIVERY AREA WITH WASTE COMPACTOR UNIT, GAS AND LPG STORAGE TANKS. A TOTAL OF 41 NO. CAR PARKING SPACES ARE PROVIDED WITH ASSOCIATED VEHICULAR SET DOWN AREAS AND HARD/SOFT LANDSCAPING TO ALL GARDEN SPACES. "

Co-incidence in the timing of his message on facebook and the election of course :rolleyes: :)

kerry4sam wrote: »
    According to Mark Daly on his facebook
    "Senator Mark Daly has welcomed the decision today to grant planning permission for the 40 bed Kenmare hospital.
    Senator Daly has been infomed that the conditions will be issue to HSE estates in Dublin before the weekend.
    Glenbeigh construction have confirmed to the Senator that they hope to be on site beginning the inital stage of construction before the end of March

Planning Permission was applied for THE CONSTRUCTION OF A NEW SINGLE AND PART 2 STOREY, 40 BED RESIDENTIAL HEALTHCARE UNIT WITH ASSOCIATED MENTAL HEALTH DAY CARE CENTRE AND ANCILLARY FACILITIES. THE UNIT WILL COMPRISE OF A 14 BED HOUSEHOLD WITH INTEGRATED 6 BED DEMENTIA UNIT, A 20 BED HOUSEHOLD, A CENTRAL THERAPY MODULE AND RELATED COMMUNITY SPACES INCLUDING DENTAL SERVICES, AND A DISCRETE AMBULANCE BASE BUILDING CONTAINING OFFICE, OVERNIGHT ACCOMMODATION AND CHANGING FACILITIES. THE TOTAL FLOOR AREA OF THE DEVELOPMENT IS 4505 SQM. PROVISION IS MADE EXTERNALLY FOR A GOODS DELIVERY AREA WITH WASTE COMPACTOR UNIT, GAS AND LPG STORAGE TANKS. A TOTAL OF 41 NO. CAR PARKING SPACES ARE PROVIDED WITH ASSOCIATED VEHICULAR SET DOWN AREAS AND HARD/SOFT LANDSCAPING TO ALL GARDEN SPACES. "

Co-incidence in the timing of his message on facebook and the election of course :rolleyes: :)

I hope that it's fully equipped, fully staffed, and that every square inch of it gets fully used. Time will tell. It will probably end up as a Healy-Rae hair transplant clinic, which will be a sad day for South-Kerry cloth-cap retailers.

Any idea when the count will be announced?

• Advertisement

Any idea when the count will be announced?

According to Radio Kerry, sometime between 6pm and 6:30pm

Advertisement