Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Election

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

What i can't understand is how some constituencies are heading into count 4 and we don't even have 1 done yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

Degag wrote: »
    What i can't understand is how some constituencies are heading into count 4 and we don't even have 1 done yet!

True, and we've had the final tally since around 1pm. It's also a smaller constituency than some of the others that have been announced in terms of voters. (around 55,000) :confused:

Really going to be an exciting night though. Will be a very fine line separating candidates for the third seat by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

friendface wrote: »
    True, and we've had the final tally since around 1pm. It's also a smaller constituency than some of the others that have been announced in terms of voters. (around 55,000) :confused:

Really going to be an exciting night though. Will be a very fine line separating candidates for the third seat by the looks of it.

They're probably hard at it with the erasers, as I couldn't help but notice the pencil I had to use in Listowel.

Just got the latest exact figures from tv5.ie (live coverage from Kerry South count). Also on Radio Kerry just now.

First Prefs:

Brendan Griffin - 8680 (19.9%)
    Michael Healy-Rae - 6697 (15.4%)
    Tom Fleming - 6370 (13.6%)
    John O'Donoghue - 5777 (13.3%)
    Tom Sheahan - 5674 (13.0%)
    Marie Moloney - 4964 (11.4%)
    Michael Gleeson - 4615 (10.6%)
    Oonagh Comerford - 331 (0.8%)
    Richard Behal - 259 (0.6%)
    Dermot Finn - 231 (0.5%)

Quota Estimate - 11,000

From Twitter
    First tally was off. Now seems there are just 3 votes between Moloney and Gleeson 4930 to 4927. Recount expected after 1st count

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Just on newstalk deenihan elected, ferris and spring battling for the second seat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

From Twitter
    First tally was off. Now seems there are just 3 votes between Moloney and Gleeson 4930 to 4927. Recount expected after 1st count

Whoever of Gleeson or Moloney stays in would need to out-transfer by
    700 votes to catch Sheehan
    or
    800 votes to catch JOD

sounds like a lot but surely with they will be enough transfers between the two to close the gap (especially to catch JOD) who is unlikely to pick up much in the way of transfers from either of them.

Lots of drama here.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭kfk

Brendan Griffin must be happy with the count so far. He is probably wondering now if he really need to give up 50% of his salary. I think he would have topped the poll without taking a cut!

Any updates guys?

Is that just a rumour that McEllistrim thinks that he's going to be a senator to compensate him for getting paid by results and losing his seat? It's a pity we can't vote for them as well, and get rid of other useless FFers like Ned O'Sulivan. The pair of them used to look like they were separated at birth until Ned got his teeth sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

... main contenders

Fleming 6416
    Gleeson 4939
    Griffin 8808
    Healy-Rae 6670
    Maloney 4926
    O Donoghue 5917
    Sheahan 5674

• Advertisement

Why was the count not bradcast on RTE. Was on Radio 1 around 20 mins ago while RTE1 just spent the time reviewing votes from subsequent counts in other constituencies. :mad:

Why was the count not bradcast on RTE. Was on Radio 1 around 20 mins ago while RTE1 just spent the time reviewing votes from subsequent counts in other constituencies. :mad:
    Guaranteed if it was a count from anywhere around the Pale, it'd have been shown.

I see the 2nd count is set for 10pm for KN-WL. Have all the counters fecked off to the pub apart from one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

ejmaztec wrote: »
    It will probably end up as a Healy-Rae hair transplant clinic, which will be a sad day for South-Kerry cloth-cap retailers.

Hi boy - I'll tell you wan thing you forgot about the local brylcreem seller.

@ 6670 first preferance for HR & 5917 for JOD, I feel sorry for all those in south KY.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

dh0661 wrote: »

@ 6670 first preferance for HR & 5917 for JOD, I feel sorry for all those in south KY.

Yeah it's crazy, finally get a chance to change things around and people want the same aul ****e.

dh0661 wrote: »

That's probably how he slipped through so easily.:(

A Healy-Rae getting elected is probably the saddest part of the 2011 General Election. Perhaps when he doesn't deliver the goods, as he hopefully won't have any pull, his subjects will elect a more suitable candidate the next time.

His supporters in South Kerry must be sadly lacking, but they might learn the error of their ways.:o

ejmaztec wrote: »
    His supporters in South Kerry must be sadly lacking, but they might learn the error of their ways.:o

I am totally disgusted that the people of south kerry have voted this way. Voting for HRM:oichael & minister for expenses to represent parts of Kerry is a disaster - IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Count 6 underway in Tralee. unlikely either spring or ferris will get elected after it. Looks like Mac will be eliminated at about 12am.

Here we go for south kerry...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

... results

Fleming 7357
    Gleeson 6378
    Griffin 10014
    Healy-Rae 7412
    O Donoghue 6200
    Sheehan 6577

John O'Donoghue was eleminated here. The count has now been put on hold to resume in the morning with the transfer of his votes.

• Advertisement

Third count in south kerry - just announced. O' Donaghue = GONE :)

sixth count kerry north result due any minute...

Spring:10,685
    Ferris:10,164

neither elected.
    Mac gone

Tom Mc officially announced as GONE also -- maybe there is a god after all.

Spring and Ferris both expected to be elected after 7th count. Results expected at 01.30.

Results as they stand;

Name Party 1st Pref C1 C2 C3

GRIFFIN, Brendan FG 19.8% 8808 8943 10014
    HEALY RAE, Michael IND 15.0% 6670 6789 7412
    FLEMING, Tom IND 14.5% 6416 6548 7357
    *SHEAHAN, Tom FG 12.8% 5674 5736 6577
    GLEESON, Michael SKIA 11.1% 4939 5222 6378
    *O'DONOGHUE, John FF 13.3% 5917 5960 6200

Looking like Fleming will benefit most from JODs transfers pushing him into 2nd place. I would guess Gleeson would follow benefiting more than MHR possibly putting Gleeson in 3rd or 4th. My prediction is Tom Sheahan to be eliminiated in the next round.

Sheahans transfers to push Griffin over quota. Would probably send transfer well to Gleeson also. Then it's hard to call between MHR and Gleeson. I reckon it will be a tight contest between these 2 for the last seat.

Good night everybody - see you all in the morning :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭grrrrrrrrrr

What time will counting begin again in the morning?

What time will we start to see people being elected?

North Kerry final result now expected @12.45

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭grrrrrrrrrr

kfk wrote: »
    Brendan Griffin must be happy with the count so far. He is probably wondering now if he really need to give up 50% of his salary. I think he would have topped the poll without taking a cut!

I don't think so. I think he got in on his clean image. When they came knocking at my door they must have repeated this three or four times!

Advertisement