Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Election

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭grrrrrrrrrr

What time will counting begin again in the morning?

What time will we start to see people being elected?

In Kerry South?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Fair play to ye in Kerry for getting rid of those fianna failures! Healy-Rae not to be elected would be the icing on the cake!

dartbhoy wrote: »
    Fair play to ye in Kerry for getting rid of those fianna failures! Healy-Rae not to be elected would be the icing on the cake!

Ya someone's been going around Kerry South Spray painting FF on Healy Raes signs. Very true. He'll get in alright though. 6500 people are still fooled by his stuttering and muttering and can't see him for who he really is. Glad to see someone in the big city doesn't think we are all "cluchie" con-men.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

In Kerry South?

Counting begins again at 9:30am Judging by the last transfer distribution we could start seeing result of that count at around 11am if we're lucky. Probably going to be 12 though in all likelihood.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

All over in Kerry North.
    ferris and spring elected on 7th count

• Advertisement

friendface wrote: »
    Counting begins again at 9:30am Judging by the last transfer distribution we could start seeing result of that count at around 11am if we're lucky. Probably going to be 12 though in all likelihood.

Thanks.

It'll probably be Griffin
    Healy Rae
    Fleming

??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Common as...

Maybe wishful thinking but I reckon Son of Gombeen might not get in, Daddy Gombeen was a member of the last government and this should effect his transfers, in the last round outside of John Expenses he got next lowest amount of transfers, if this continues he could be squeezed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Results as they stand;

Name Party 1st Pref C1 C2 C3

GRIFFIN, Brendan FG 19.8% 8808 8943 10014
    HEALY RAE, Michael IND 15.0% 6670 6789 7412
    FLEMING, Tom IND 14.5% 6416 6548 7357
    *SHEAHAN, Tom FG 12.8% 5674 5736 6577
    GLEESON, Michael SKIA 11.1% 4939 5222 6378
    *O'DONOGHUE, John FF 13.3% 5917 5960 6200

Looking like Fleming will benefit most from JODs transfers pushing him into 2nd place. I would guess Gleeson would follow benefiting more than MHR possibly putting Gleeson in 3rd or 4th. My prediction is Tom Sheahan to be eliminiated in the next round.

Sheahans transfers to push Griffin over quota. Would probably send transfer well to Gleeson also. Then it's hard to call between MHR and Gleeson. I reckon it will be a tight contest between these 2 for the last seat.

Nope - talk from the tallymen is that MHR the bif beneficary from JOD transfers. Looking like Fleming not going to benefit all that much.

Gleeson to get ahead of Sheehan from JOD transfers (only 199 diff in the moment)

Talk Griffin might get enough of JOD transfers to get over the line but only have a very slight surplus to distribute a lot going to Sheahan and some going to Gleeson - going to be neck and neck between those two.

Depending on who wins this either Sheahan or Gleeson to battle Fleming for the last seat with MHR looking likely to get home second.

Slight chance whoever of Sheahan or Gleeson is eliminated might transfer enough to Fleming and whoever of Sheahan or Gleeson isnt eliminated to knock MHR.

All to play for.

I don't think so. I think he got in on his clean image. When they came knocking at my door they must have repeated this three or four times!

Agree
    Thanks.

It'll probably be Griffin
    Healy Rae
    Fleming

??

Brave to be predicting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Maybe wishful thinking but I reckon Son of Gombeen might not get in, Daddy Gombeen was a member of the last government and this should effect his transfers, in the last round outside of John Expenses he got next lowest amount of transfers, if this continues he could be squeezed out.

Talk is that he will pick a lot of JOD transfers
    (if you have no problem giving JOD a vote, you probably have no problem giving MHR a vote)

Maybe if whoever of Sheahan or Gleeson loses out doesn't transfer to MHR when eliminated there might be a chance but I wouldnt hold my breathe.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

dh0661 wrote: »
    Tom Mc officially announced as GONE also -- maybe there is a god after all.

He didn't learn the golden rule that you're expected to actually do something when you get elected as a TD.

I bet Dan Kiely's having a bit of a snigger for old time's sake.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Common as...

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    Talk is that he will pick a lot of JOD transfers
    (if you have no problem giving JOD a vote, you probably have no problem giving MHR a vote)

Maybe if whoever of Sheahan or Gleeson loses out doesn't transfer to MHR when eliminated there might be a chance but I wouldnt hold my breathe.
    I say Sheahan and MHR should do o.k outta JOD transfers, then you got Griffin's surplus so either way I reckon that Gleeson is next to go, I can't see MHR doing well here

They are announcing JOD's transfers any minute

What time will Michael Gleesons transfers be announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

I really dont understand how healy rae can get so many votes.Do the people of south kerry have any self respect.Any news on the Gardai report into the issues with a candidate trying to take postal votes in the castleisland area.Hopefully that candidate is brought to court.What a disgrace that people can get away with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

floydmoon1 wrote: »
    I really dont understand how healy rae can get so many votes.Do the people of south kerry have any self respect.Any news on the Gardai report into the issues with a candidate trying to take postal votes in the castleisland area.Hopefully that candidate is brought to court.What a disgrace that people can get away with this.
    ...Any news on the Gardai report into the issues with a candidate trying to take postal votes in the castleisland area.Hopefully that candidate is brought to court.What a disgrace that people can get away with this.

This is an on-going investigation and I will advise against anyone commenting on this matter until it is complete.
    I really dont understand how healy rae can get so many votes.Do the people of south kerry have any self respect....

The people of South Kerry have certainly spoken, as is their perogative. Your definition of self-Respect does not come in to it, people used their democratic voice and voted on their own preference.

The reason that the Boards poll showed a different outcome means that the Healy-Rae supporters don't know what the internet is, and couldn't vote on it as a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭.same.

I just don't get it, everyone you talk to, young or old from all parts of south kerry wanted to keep Healy Rae out, especially those who are closest to them, Killarney/Kilgarvan/kenmare. How did MHR get such a high vote:confused:

.same. wrote: »
    I just don't get it, everyone you talk to, young or old from all parts of south kerry wanted to keep Healy Rae out, especially those who are closest to them, Killarney/Kilgarvan/kenmare. How did MHR get such a high vote:confused:

Was it that there was no alternative? Or that there are that many naive people in Kerry. No wonder people up the country laugh at us

Was it that there was no alternative?
    I guess, most people would say they're undecided but would single out O'Donoghue and MHR as people they will not be voting for.

Brendan Griffin 12636 elected
    Tom Fleming 10389
    MHR 10129
    Tom Sheahan 8668
    Griffin surplus to be devided

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Sheehan would need almost 100% of the transfers. Looks like Healy Rae and Fleming will be elected - both without reaching the quota probably.

Degag wrote: »
    Sheehan would need almost 100% of the transfers. Looks like Healy Rae and Fleming will be elected - both without reaching the quota probably.

Tbh, I would prefer to see Healy-Rae than Sheahan when given a choice between the two. At least Healy-Rae would bring some passion and enthusiam to the Dail.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Tbh, I would prefer to see Healy-Rae than Sheahan when given a choice between the two. At least Healy-Rae would bring some passion and enthusiam to the Dail.
    It's a pretty poor choice tbh.

Degag wrote: »
    It's a pretty poor choice tbh.

Agreed. Had hoped Gleeson would do well and thought it would have been Sheahan to be eliminated this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

we have new faces in south kerry, i would not put healy rae down really, he will bring it on in the dail, will be good in opposition

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

newman10 wrote: »
    Considering that we have an election on the way who do you think will be our 3 brave TDs.

Will O'Donoghue get the Lowrey factor and top the Poll. How about MHR even though Jackie always voted FF. Tom Sheehan Let me get back to you about that.

Anyone :confused::confused:

Well, the people of Kerry South have voted :

Brendan Griffin - FG / Michael Healy-Rae - Ind / Tom Fleming - Ind.

wish them luck

At least we in Kerry North can't be blamed for a Healy-Rae getting in. They should build more schools in South Kerry and put politics on the syllabus.:P

ejmaztec wrote: »
    At least we in Kerry North can't be blamed for a Healy-Rae getting in. They should build more schools in South Kerry and put politics on the syllabus.:P
    we are where we are, and now is the start of a new course, i know ye think healy raes are all the same, but listning to mhr in the past, he is and will be well able for the job at hand, is a good speaker, and will do fine, he was not my first preference, but he was penned in down the line of preferences, i wish himself, brendan griffin and tom fleming the best of look, they have a hard road ahead of them, will have to get used to criticism and admiration in equal measures.

• Advertisement

goat2 wrote: »
    we are where we are, and now is the start of a new course, i know ye think healy raes are all the same, but listning to mhr in the past, he is and will be well able for the job at hand, is a good speaker, and will do fine, he was not my first preference, but he was penned in down the line of preferences, i wish himself, brendan griffin and tom fleming the best of look, they have a hard road ahead of them, will have to get used to criticism and admiration in equal measures.

I don't think it's going to be equal, more like 11,000 admirers and 4,000,000 who think it's a sick joke.:o

Advertisement