Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP: Need to record from Sony DVD camcorder

Options
  • 25-11-2010 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I have this camcorder Sony DCR - DVD92

Which records to those small DVDs. Problem is some these wont play on my PC (or anything esle) but do play on the camcorder itself. Hence I want to record these discs onto something we can play on the DVD player.

Problem is, this old camcorder doesn't have a USB cable, as far as I can tell anyway. I think I'm missing this cable

Which looks like it will allow me connect the camera to something.

MY QUESTION: I do have AUX in connection on my PC, if I get the above cable, could I record the video to my PC, and burn it again on proper DVD???

Any help or other solutions are much appreciated as its a wedding video and so pretty important.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

AFAIK, an aux connection is just for audio, so you're outta luck I'm afraid.

Doing a spot of googling, it seems that there is a USB connection on that camera, but it isn't enabled?

You may get away with using that cable you linked to though, if you have a DVD recorder. Any chance you have one?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 liam365

Well if there is a USB connection on it, I certainly can't find it.

Thanks anyway, yeah I think I'll have to go to a video shop somewhere with a DVD recorder and record off it that way.

Thanks again.

Although it's not really of much use to us, just for posterity
    They say there's no USB port. BUT THERE IS ONE!!!! It is in the LCD cavity, covered by a little metal plastic sheet to the right of the disp/batt info button.

Getting back to our solutions.

Forgive me asking a silly question, but have you finalized all the miniDVDs?
    With that, they should then play in all manner of player............... in theory.

Otherwise, try and see if any of your mates have a DVD recorder first, before you go laying out a few notes for a shop to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 liam365

norbert64 wrote: »
    Forgive me asking a silly question, but have you finalized all the miniDVDs?
    With that, they should then play in all manner of player............... in theory.

Light bulb moment! Thanks, yes, the disc wasn't finalised!

It's not my Camcorder so never thought of that. Found the USB port too! Under that stubborn sticky pad.

Your a life saver norbert64.

Now I can burn all these wedding videos onto a proper DVD for my girlfriends brother. Nice Christmas gift.

Thanks again.:D

Unfortunately........ or fortunately depending on our mood, more often than not, the simplest solution to a problem is usually the right one. :p

Glad to hear things are sorted now. :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement