Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing an outside tap

• 25-11-2010 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Afternoon all. hope someone can help me here,

I have an outside tap installed out the back garden, and i want to put another tap out the front garden.

I plan to run a pipe from the tap out the back along the side lane to the front garden, now the thing is ive never done anything like this before and i need advise please

would this be the way to do it??

any help would be very apperciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Can you post a pic of your back tap at the minute to see what we are dealing with? Is it mains or tank fed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Pics would help

Another idea is running a pipe from your attic tank down out through the facia and down the drain pipe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Pics would help

Another idea is running a pipe from your attic tank down out through the facia and down the drain pipe.

That sounds like the daddy to me..;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I has a big long trench dug down my garden (700mm deep trench),from my existing outdoor tap,plumber tee-ed off the existing black pvc water pipe that was under ground with a 21mm brass t-piece,then he ran a length of plastic water pipe inside a larger 50mm size pipe/duct and ran that down to my garage,to install another garden/garage tap.

Worked a treat and water pipe is well down away from frost line and also its protected too.

vectrahed wrote: »
    Afternoon all. hope someone can help me here,

I have an outside tap installed out the back garden, and i want to put another tap out the front garden.

I plan to run a pipe from the tap out the back along the side lane to the front garden, now the thing is ive never done anything like this before and i need advise please

would this be the way to do it??

any help would be very apperciated

If going above ground with the piping,then you would/should insulate the fcuk out of it,as with the weather we are going to be getting,it will be frozen most of the time.;)

• Advertisement

paddy147 wrote: »
    I has a big long trench dug down my garden (700mm deep trench),from my existing outdoor tap,plumber tee-ed off the existing black pvc water pipe that was under ground with a 21mm brass t-piece,then he ran a length of plastic water pipe inside a larger 50mm size pipe/duct and ran that down to my garage,to install another garden/garage tap.

Worked a treat and water pipe is well down away from frost line and also its protected too.

Your obviously planning for an outside utiliity room....

Have you thought of installing a cylinder and solar panel on the roof of the shed in the future...While your there you can lay a copper pipe to run it back up to the house....

Might be worth considering as you seem the adventorous type..

Your obviously planning for an outside utiliity room....

Have you thought of installing a cylinder and solar panel on the roof of the shed in the future...While your there you can lay a copper pipe to run it back up to the house....

Might be worth considering as you seem the adventorous type..

garage is now built and finished.

Its just a a garage with power and running water,for my cars and diy tools.Just handy to have power and water in it.

Saves me bringing mucky/oily hands back into the house/kitchen sink and my girlfriend going nutts at me for it.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭vectrahed

Thanks for the replys! i will take a pic of the tap and upload it, give me a few mins.

going from the attic is out of the question, as to is digging a trench.

and also! this tap will only be used to wash the cars and powerhose the front garden :)

Picture.jpg

Can you post a pic of your back tap at the minute to see what we are dealing with? Is it mains or tank fed?

our kitchen sink is located behind the wall so its runing out from there! has lots a pressure aswell

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replys! i will take a pic of the tap and upload it, give me a few mins.

going from the attic is out of the question, as to is digging a trench.

and also! this tap will only be used to wash the cars and powerhose the front garden :)

TBH its daft installing a tap so. A hose real extension in tesco or the likes is 15 euro. Save you an awful amount of work and the worry of freezing.

TBH its daft installing a tap so. A hose real extension in tesco or the likes is 15 euro. Save you an awful amount of work and the worry of freezing.

I Agree.

more of a practical idea than a daft one!

i have a reel hose to go with my power washer, but as i also have dogs that take up my yard and the side lane i thought twud be more practical to run a pipe other than let the hose get chewed while i try clean the car

Thanks for replys

i have a reel hose to go with my power washer, but as i also have dogs that take up my yard and the side lane i thought twud be more practical to run a pipe other than let the hose get chewed while i try clean the car

Thanks for replys

If you're running a pipe, isn't there the same possibility that it'll get chewed? Especially if its Hydradare.

If you're running a pipe, isn't there the same possibility that it'll get chewed? Especially if its Hydradare.

not if its made of copper or the likes

no worries tho, mayb i was wrong in thinking it was a good idea

Thanks for replys

Problem is easy to solve.. Use sacrafical hose. In other words run the water hose inside another...

Advertisement