Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband usage meter.

• 25-11-2010 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever used eircom's one?

I've just checked it there and mine says..........

"You have reached 284% of your monthly usage allowance" :eek:

I very rarely if ever download anything off the net. I don't think I have ever uploaded anything onto it either yet it says I have (2.022gb upload)

wtf ??

I do alot of online gaming and watch youtube vids and that but surely that can't equate to 284% of my download, can it?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Everything you use on the internet is a download, so that includes webpages, videos', VoIP, gaming etc.

If your watching alot of youtube videos this can add up quickly, especially if your watching HD stuff. Whats you actual cap on the package your on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

Cabaal wrote: »
    Everything you use on the internet is a download, so that includes webpages, videos', VoIP, gaming etc.

If your watching alot of youtube videos this can add up quickly, especially if your watching HD stuff. Whats you actual cap on the package your on?

It's 10gb :mad:

I play alot of call of duty in fairness, I just didn't think that was downloading though :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

gaming is downloading as its still passing data through your connection the whole time id suggest you upgrade to a higher download cap as 10GB really does not seem to be enough for you ,you could also switch to another proivder.is your broadband with eircom NGB or is it standard eircom connection?if its NGB your going to get stung with a bill with extra charges

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

jay93 wrote: »
    gaming is downloading as its still passing data through your connection the whole time id suggest you upgrade to a higher download cap as 10GB really does not seem to be enough for you ,you could also switch to another proivder.is your broadband with eircom NGB or is it standard eircom connection?if its NGB your going to get stung with a bill with extra charges

Ya, its ngb but I was getting stung before the change over too. It's €20 extra it seems.

When does it reset to 0% ? I got a bill in the door today and the usage meter is saying 284% over now.

Advertisement