Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little dog found dead on road.

• 25-11-2010 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭

Apologies if this is the wrong place for this but I've just been informed by a friend that there is a little brown and white Jack Russel type, small dog lying in the median, in the middle of the N81, Tallaght Bypass, just after the M50 roundabout heading for Tallaght village. He's almost opposite the turn-off for Avonmore Road/Bolbrook.

This is the second day she has seen him there but the traffic is always too busy for her to stop and as she's not from the area, she hasn't been able to get back there when it's quieter. She's said that he looks like he's just sleeping but can only assume he was hit by a car :(

Someone out there must be missing this little dog and worried about his whereabouts so I just thought I'd put the word out in the hope that someone out there will know who he belonged to and let them know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Breaks my heart if I see anything like that on a motorway and can't stop, thanks for posting up about him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Bi6N

I know of a couple who had a dog like that stolen off the street in the city two days ago, could you tell if he had a brown patch covering one eye and her ear??

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭MaryK666

Bi6N wrote: »
    I know of a couple who had a dog like that stolen off the street in the city two days ago, could you tell if he had a brown patch covering one eye and his ear??

Sorry Bi6N, I asked my friend and she said that it was impossible to tell at speed. All she could safely say was that he/she was brown and white.

I hope his/her owner is found and is able to say goodbye. It's always so sad when something like that happens.

Ok thank you, I'll pass the information on.
    Its horrible alright :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If I remember to do so, I'll take a spin past this evening and check for ID.

• Advertisement

That would be amazing, a true selfless act. The patch would cover her right eye and ear.

Thanks in advance mate, very kind of you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Right, if your friends dog is the JRT/Staff cross on lostdogs.ie, then I'm 99% sure it's not him.
    This is a male terrier cross, both ears are black or dark brown patches - doesn't seem to have an "eye patch" though it was hard to get a comprehensive look cos I didn't flip him over.
    More crucially the dogs back and right hand side are white except for a large ovalish black or dark brown patch on the the right of his body.

His position and the lack of obvious external trauma would lead me to be very sure that his neck was broken in the collision so thankfully he didn't suffer.

Don't know how people can just drive on after these things :(

Advertisement