Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad car respray

Options
  • 25-11-2010 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭

Ok, long story short, the brother left his car into a local garage to get some bodywork fixed up and a total respray done.
    It was a hassle anyway, they ended up needing the car for two periods, lasting about two weeks total but thats not the actual issue.

The car is now back, and as far as I'm concerned the job is awful. There's a white "ghosting" or something on the larger panels, doors, roof and bonnet. Looks like paler splashes almost but under the blue paint.

Now, he didnt' get a reciept, so I've told him to get a reciept first and foremost, before even mentioning that he's happy with the job. He says he thinks the guy will just refuse to give him one though.

What can be done if he does refuse to give a reciept? Can a small claims be still filed or is there no point without documentation?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Nevore wrote: »
    Ok, long story short, the brother left his car into a local garage to get some bodywork fixed up and a total respray done.
    It was a hassle anyway, they ended up needing the car for two periods, lasting about two weeks total but thats not the actual issue.

The car is now back, and as far as I'm concerned the job is awful. There's a white "ghosting" or something on the larger panels, doors, roof and bonnet. Looks like paler splashes almost but under the blue paint.

Now, he didnt' get a reciept, so I've told him to get a reciept first and foremost, before even mentioning that he's happy with the job. He says he thinks the guy will just refuse to give him one though.

What can be done if he does refuse to give a reciept? Can a small claims be still filed or is there no point without documentation?

Can't help but have a similar problem re receipt, be interested to know!

Advertisement