Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The IDFPA is dead to me

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Steve wrote:
    Seriously? no answer?

Steve wrote:
    Would it happen to be three?

You tell me you seem to be the expert.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Steve wrote: »
    Seriously? no answer?

Would it happen to be three?

Ask a different Q Steve, like;

"How many WADA compliant tests did the idfpa carry out?"

Or "how much more expensive is it to test under WADA protocols than if some random lad holds a cup for you to piss into?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hanley wrote: »
    Ask a different Q Steve, like;

"How many WADA compliant tests did the idfpa carry out?"

Or "how much more expensive is it to test under WADA protocols than if some random lad holds a cup for you to piss into?"

I'm not getting why you are so happy about the potential demise of the IDFPA.

If they go, there will be virtually no testing in Ireland. How is that a good thing?

Yes, the Irish IPF are aspiring to be a testing organisation but, and by their own admission, they are nowhere near able to do it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Steve wrote: »
    I'm not getting why you are so happy about the potential demise of the IDFPA.

If they go, there will be virtually no testing in Ireland. How is that a good thing?

Yes, the Irish IPF are aspiring to be a testing organisation but, and by their own admission, they are nowhere near able to do it.

The IDFPA may as well not test given that the chain of custody has a glaring hole. WADA / IOC would reject any of the tests out of hand. It might discourage some people from using, but it's far from the pure legit test you seem to think it is.

And because for the last 6 years it's been run in a manor no official organisation that aspires to be a legimate recognised sport should be.

Most sports have some element of "favourites" played behind closed doors, but the wholesale censorship, removal of any dissenting voices and "don't agree with us? you're gone" is, or should I say, was, disgusting.

That's not to mention the blackmail accusations, and the lack of any financial information for the last number of years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

I agree what is going on is not right, however you seem to be only seeing (and / or believing) a biased and one sided view.

Again, are you saying that 'practically no testing' is better than what they were doing?

As far as WADA and the IOC is concerned, there is a certain country in the news right now that was fully WADA & IOC approved and tested, yet, - well, you can't wave that flag, I'm not having that discussion with you :)

It's a shame really that this whole situation was brought on by the IDFPA seeking to grow itself and actually become *more transparent*.

Advertisement