Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Learning skills gone

Options
  • 25-11-2010 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭

Yes, that's right. On the 14th of December (maybe later)

http://www.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&bid=824

If you had planned on buying some learning books then tough luck.
    As of downtime today, all NPC sell orders for the eleven skills in the Learning group (hereafter referred to as "learning skills") have been CANCELLED.
    * ALL LEARNING SKILLS WILL DISAPPEAR
    o We're not kidding. In your head, in your hangar or in your anything else, they're gone. Vamoosh. Deleted. Sent to the big recycle bin in the sky. Etc etc.
    * All skillpoints invested in learning skills will be reimbursed, including all the fiddly corner cases. If you have 2,012,692 SP in learning, you will find yourself down those skills, but with 2,012,692 skillpoints to redistribute.
    * All skillbooks not currently injected into people's heads will be reimbursed at the old NPC sell price. The money will go to whichever character or corporation owns the container that the skillbooks are in. For example, things in cans you've anchored for yourself will be reimbursed to you, things in corporate hangar arrays or the "deliveries" bin will be reimbursed to the owning corporation.
    * This will also involve cancelling any and all market orders containing these skills. Contracts containing learning skills will have those skillbooks substituted for copies of the Pax Amarria.
    * All new and existing characters will have an extra 12 base points (ie, non-remappable) in each attribute.
    * The 100% training speed bonus up to 1.6m SP will no longer be available. People partway through this bonus will lose the remaining bonus amount. They will of course gain a huge attribute bonus to make up for it.
    * Miscellaneous other cleanup tasks will be performed that are not very interesting, details available on request.

A big step forward for training times. If you had all skills at 5 then there is a downside, your going to loose 1.4 points in the skill point total. Okay, not much of a downside :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Thank ****, wonder where I'll put my SP's from Learning skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

Wow CCP making things easier for people for once, I'm genuinely amazed, I'm still not resubbing though lawl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Gneez wrote: »
    Wow CCP making things easier for people for once, I'm genuinely amazed, I'm still not resubbing though lawl.

It's only 50% of the Christmas surprise. I've heard the second half is a free ship for all in the shape of carebear.... or engine trails.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Very cool....

...Still not re-subbing though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

god damn you ccp ..well maybe in a few months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Maj Malfunction

Not before time but fair play to CCP on this one. 45 days training to distribute is a nice present. For ppl who/if re-sub at a later date they will still be able to re-distribute the points at that time, so that's good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

Oh the Learning Skills are gone? I thought the actual act of learning skills in order to improve your character was gone. I don't care about this. Not re-subbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Yeah all 5 of my accounts just got spammed with a "hey come back learning skills are going" :pac:

R0ot wrote: »
    Yeah all 5 of my accounts just got spammed with a "hey come back learning skills are going" :pac:

You can turn that off, requires effort though. You'll be getting another round of spam with incursion 2 and 3 whenever they roll around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Mantel wrote: »
    You can turn that off, requires effort though. You'll be getting another round of spam with incursion 2 and 3 whenever they roll around.

I'm waiting for them to offer me more than 5 days as I believe I am stuck in Pure Blind atm.... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

i havent played in like 2 years but thats really great.
    Come to think of it learning skills were a serious drag, and i assume for newer players a turn-off

• Registered Users Posts: 21 xRodge

I remember back when I played, starting a power of 2 account (an achura, of course!). That character got science 3 to plug in +3 implants - then 2 months of learning all the learning skills. I agree that it probably sucked for new players to go through that.

Still, training would feel horribly slow without those 50 (+10% more from learning) attribute points. Only replacing them with 12 is nasty. It's just another reason why I doubt I'll resub my accounts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

xRodge wrote: »
    Still, training would feel horribly slow without those 50 (+10% more from learning) attribute points. Only replacing them with 12 is nasty. It's just another reason why I doubt I'll resub my accounts :)

It's 12 points for each type of attribute

xRodge wrote: »
    All new and existing characters will have an extra 12 base points (ie, non-remappable) in each attribute.

If you've trained all your learning skills to V then you'll lose out on 1.3 points across the board. If you've trained them to IV then you've gained points on all attribute points.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

Mantel wrote: »
    If you've trained all your learning skills to V then you'll loose out on 1.3 points across the board. If you've trained them to IV then you've gained points on all attribute points

LOSE

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Maj Malfunction

Gneez wrote: »
    LOSE

Win for me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I've been out of the game a while, didn't realise this had gone through.

Advertisement