Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SD cards

• 25-11-2010 2:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

Hey,

My online order of SD cards for holidays has fallen through and I'm up in Dublin this evening; does anyone know of any good place to get some cheapish SD cards in the city centre?

Thanks,

Oisin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Tesco. No joke. Probably as cheap as any of the electrical/camera stores, if not cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Tesco usually have TDK 4GB SDHC cards for around €13

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Harvey Norman (in Airside anyway) are doing 4GB Class 4 SDHC cards for Eur7. PNY brand. Two big baskets full of them, to the right just as you walk into the electrical section from the furniture area :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Moman

CaSCaDe711 wrote: »
    Harvey Norman (in Airside anyway) are doing 4GB Class 4 SDHC cards for Eur7. PNY brand. Two big baskets full of them, to the right just as you walk into the electrical section from the furniture area :)
    Same in Limerick Branch Yesterday (except to the left)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

Same in cork too i think they're trying to shift em before xmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Anyone recommend high capacity cards?

16/32gb? Not for picts, but for recording video.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

Have used shop4memory.com and found them excellent ,delivered next day most times http://www.shop4memory.com/products/secure-digital.asp#sdhc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

Thanks for all the ideas,

Oisin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Paulw wrote: »
    Anyone recommend high capacity cards?

16/32gb? Not for picts, but for recording video.

http://www.memoryc.com/flashmemorycards/sdsecuredigital.html

32GB Class 10 Transcend SDHC card here for €46.

16GB version here http://www.mymemory.co.uk/SDHC/Transcend/Transcend-16GB-SD-Card-(SDHC)---Class-10 works out cheaper to buy 2 of these than the single 32gb card!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

an 8Gb San Disk C4 SD Card in argos for €17.99
    or a 4Gb San Disk C4 SD Card in argos for €11.99

i usually find Argos to have some of the well known brands for relatively little money.

I've used both the above cards and they are find for DSLR - not terribly fast to transfer but then again, I wasn't in a hurry and I was chucking 14 MPix raw images onto it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

CaSCaDe711 wrote: »

Just heard an advert for this on Newstalk, get in quick or they'll be all gone I say, great price. Pity I use CF cards :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Just heard an advert for this on Newstalk, get in quick or they'll be all gone I say, great price. Pity I use CF cards :(

Picked up 2 in the Mullingar branch today, none on display ... they had them all behind the counter.

Advertisement