Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photography course gift for beginner

• 25-11-2010 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,

Just looking for a little advice. My girlfiend is always taking photos when we are away etc and has mentioned before about doing a photography course. As it's coming up to christmas I'm looking to get this as a gift for her BUT I know nothing about photography. Any suggestions on what type of course would be suitable. She has a Sony DSC-TX5 - is that camera of suitable standard to participate in photography courses? I was looking at the Institute of Photogaphy beginners course & was wondering if anyone had advice?

Thanks,
    Steve

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

funboy2007 wrote: »
    I was looking at the Institute of Photogaphy beginners course & was wondering if anyone had advice?

They always have very good courses and are well worth attending. Lots to be learned there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I would agree with Paul, I did the Wedding one many moons ago and found it very helpful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 funboy2007

Thanks lads - and do you know do you need a certain standard camera?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

They take anyone with a camera. From the most basic camera all the way up to professional cameras.

Don't worry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

+1 to the above.

Dave from IOP occasionally will post here too.

They are of some repute as they do introductory training under some form of licence/agreement from Canon when you buy a new Canon DSLR. (from lots of different vendors).

I don't know what exactly their course covers so i'd give Dave a buzz and see if the camera, which I think is of the point and shoot variety, would be suitable. I know for some of the more advanced courses it was his advice to someone that they really need to be thinking about a more advanced camera system for what it was that they wished to do. IMHO, based on what I knew of the individual's kit and what they ultimately wanted to do with their photography, he was 100% correct.

• Advertisement
Advertisement