Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What rock star would you like to be?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

Lemmy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Keith Richards, to be able to have taken so many compounds and chemicals and still be alive to jam like him would be pretty damn cool................except looking like a 350 year old Mummy................but it'd be worth it!

Freddy Mercury (Bar the gay bit :pac:), to stand on that Wembley stage in '86 would make anyone feel like a fùckin' God!!

Kirk Hammett or James Hetfield primarily so I could play all their songs like them :pac: "Gimme Fuu, gimme fiii, gimme datwas-a-da-zi-ah!!"

Hell, I'd be happy if I was Cliff Burton too, play that bass like a motherfùcker!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

ClutchIt wrote: »
    I'll go with Danny Carey from Tool. Probably the best drummer in a popular band in the world. Seems very content and happy. Can enjoy relative anonymity in most places if he wanted I'd imagine.

Of course being in Tool, you tend to be reclusive and anonymous.

Quite possibly the worst band I have ever had to experience as a "headliner" at Ozzfest in 2002.

ZERO stage presence even though I like their songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Bono.

Hated by his own people and rich enough to not give a ****.

What's not to like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

dcr22B wrote: »
    Of course being in Tool, you tend to be reclusive and anonymous.

Quite possibly the worst band I have ever had to experience as a "headliner" at Ozzfest in 2002.

ZERO stage presence even though I like their songs.

You've kinda missed the point then, haven't you?

**** stage presence if the music is good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

Gene Simmons, he knew how to get some skirt :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Monkey_Pirate

Joan Jett!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Most of my favourite musicians had crappy lives and died while they were young. My favourite musician is Syd Barrett and he died four years ago after a very unhappy life. Jimi Hendrix only lived until he was 27, so if I was him I'd be dead by now. Rory Gallagher had a drinking problem and died from liver failure. We all know what happened to Elvis. John Lennon was murdered aged forty. George Harrison died of cancer. Neil Young is one of the few musicians I love who is still alive but he has epilepsy.

To be honest I can't think of any rock star I'd like to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

"I'm one of the baddest mother****ers of all time, one of the best singers and one of the best looking mother****ers you've ever seen. Hold my drink, bitch.":D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

dagdha wrote: »
    Josh Homme aka The Ginger Elvis

Probably the coolest person on the planet.

Him or Jessie from The eagles of Death metal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

definitely a young keith richards.

he's not sure whether he snorted his own fathers ashes! ya can't get get more 'dont give a f'uck' than that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Ooh, hands down (and every other position :pac:) Grace Slick, sexy lady - it's a shame what the drugs did to her though: turning Jefferson Airplane into Starship... :(

Stevie Nicks was pretty cool too (still looks amazing), ditto Debbie Harry. Janis Joplin totally rawked but was more into gee.

Joan Jett looked cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Either Kris or Kross.

Can never remember which was which.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Eddie Vedder with honorable mentions to Josh Homme, Dave Grohl and Chris Cornell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

he's not sure whether he snorted his own fathers ashes! ya can't get get more 'dont give a f'uck' than that!

I'd say he's had a few more BS stories to go along with that. btw it was confirmed to be BS.

Too late to choose again? Tuomas Holopainen or Emppu Vuorinen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Doctor_Socks

Rory Gallagher had a drinking problem and died from liver failure.

Sorry to bring this up but Rorys death wasn't caused by a liver problem! Its true that he did have a liver transplant but the boxed liver was caused by huge amounts of prescription drugs to help calm his fear of flying, the drink did play a part in damaging it aswell though. His cause of death was contracting MRSA in hospital after the surgery from bad medical practices. Make sure to wash your hands the next time you visit a rock star in hospital :D

I'd probably be either Josh Homme or Steven Tyler, seen Tyler at Download and at 62 that man can still go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

bruce springsteen-seems a true gent

Tom meighan (lead singer of kasabian), them lads get messy!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

David Coverdale. No, Whitesnake are not ghey.

Or maybe Bruce Dickenson, pilot, fencer, best heavy metal singer ever(well one of).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Matt Skiba, just for the voice. I wish I could get him to do the voice on my phone mailbox.

Also Brian Fallon...seems like a nice humble guy and he is genuinely funny.

Can't believe no one has said John Lennon.

John Lennon.

• Advertisement

shelia e what a drummer plus get to be near prince sigh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Lemmy Kilmister!

That guy could party in his day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Lennon.

Best song writer to ever grace this planet..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'd take a sex change and go with Bruce Springsteen. They guy has looked after himself so well and has written some of the greatest music known to man kind.

If not him, then I'd be Elton John I think. Just to experience the true highs and lows in life. Also his husband, David Furnish, is not that bad of a looker.

*I think I might have discredited any reputation I have on boards but so be it*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Nick Cave, hands down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

We all know what happened to Elvis.

He's doing cabaret in Tenerife now isn't he?

I'd probably be Nuno Bettencourt. Amazing musician, still touring the world and anonymous enough to not be hounded every time I move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

6 pages and nobody's mentioned Chuck Schuldiner, the father of Death Metal, self taught guitar virtuoso and from interviews I've seen on YT, all round nice guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭fruvai

Jeff Buckley

Great voice, brilliant guitar player etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Prince- Musical genius, great dancer and all round lunatic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭Randy Shafter

Joe Strummer or Eric Clapton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Phil Lynott

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

Jonny Greenwood. He's deadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Jack White, very cool in my opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I'm a girl.....does that mean i have a choice of Pink or Debbie Harry?
    Kim Deal, Tanya Donnelly, Kim gordon, Patti Smith, Kristen Pfaff, Melissa Auf Der Maur, Nina Persson, Gail Greenwood to name but a few.

Sofaspud wrote: »
    He's doing cabaret in Tenerife now isn't he?

I'd probably be Nuno Bettencourt. Amazing musician, still touring the world and anonymous enough to not be hounded every time I move.

The man who gave the world "More than words". I'll forever hate him for that.
    It was on MTV every 5 minutes, back when they used to play music videos.

As for me; Bono, just so that I could post my bank statements here and laugh at everyone, or the cool mother****er that is Eddie Veddar.

In before TarA: Deryck Whibley between 2006 and 2009. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 red_eskimo

Gotta be Joshua Michael Homme III

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

sink wrote: »
    Who wants to asphyxiate on their own vomit?

Better than the fate of Eric "Stumpy Joe" Childs :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

I'd probably be Beck

wtf happened to beck? from 'MTV makes me wanna smoke crack' to playing microsoft parties.. n all downhill since that fairyhouse leg of the midnite vultures tour. once brimming with ideas now seemingly devoid of em
    prinz wrote: »
    Brian May. Self-made guitars, rocking hair, astrophysicist, all round genius.

well May is a genius.. n got my vote when i saw him rockin an ST baseball shirt years ago. obviously aware of Rocky George's talents

i'd be marky wahlberg in Rock Star :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

Roger Daltrey. (frontman for The Who)

Great job, no real pressure.

Just wait for band genius Pete Townsend to write songs perfectly suited to your voice & personna (happened regularly),dress up in cool clothes,tour the world & belt them out.

Job done!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Fish

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Jools Holland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭baltimore sun

one of the boys from the Arctic Monkeys, already minted and young enough to still be able for a mountain of groupies and drugs at the one time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Nikki Sixx or Tommy Lee from Motley Crue, the 80s were incredible, all the drugs and whores :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Me. I wouldn't feel all that comfortable in someone else's skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Johro wrote: »
    Me. I wouldn't feel all that comfortable in someone else's skin.

So you wouldn't have liked to have been Gidget Gein then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

David Gilmour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭rednik

Jimmy Page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Brendog wrote: »
    Jim Morrison.

If my voice goes then I still have a 178 IQ to fall back on.

I.Q of 149 I believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Dave Grohl or Noel Gallagher.
    Probably Grohl for his all-round legendaryness. Gallagher's a legend too, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Slash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Star Bingo wrote: »
    wtf happened to beck? from 'MTV makes me wanna smoke crack' to playing microsoft parties.. n all downhill since that fairyhouse leg of the midnite vultures tour. once brimming with ideas now seemingly devoid of em
    L.Ron wanted the monies.

Absurdum wrote: »
    Nikki Sixx or Tommy Lee from Motley Crue, the 80s were incredible, all the drugs and whores :)

Have you read the autobiography?
    I rarely read books, but I got through that in 2 days. Its brilliant.

• Advertisement
Advertisement