Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should Mourinho et al have been charged with improper conduct?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

amacachi wrote: »
    I remember Scholes doing what looked like a stupid late trip a few years back, of course it wasn't so stupid. :pac: Not trying to single out a United player but it's the only one I remember noticing, I'm sure they've all been at it.

Yes indeed and there was also the incident of Rafa Benitez telling Dirk Kuyt to go in hard to pick up a card and get rid of his one game ban for the final group game a couple of years back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

It is commonplace in football, but, there must have been a bottle of stupid going around there that night to make it so fookin obvious.Do UEFA have the balls to punish them for being so blatant ?
    It's Madrid so expect nowt to happen.I believe nothing should happen when it isn't so fookin obvious but there is taking the piss and all that.A €500 fine to the Madrid city council should suffice...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Of course it's cheating. The fact it was done in such a hush, hush manner, whispering etc. should tell you that. If it's so fine and dandy why did they go about it in such a sly manner?

It brings the game into disrepute and is the kind of thing that makes a mockery of it. There's another thread on here about lack of interest in the game from the USA and Australia. Well if this kind of behaviour is condoned then it's no surprise why they wish to stay away.

Just so you know, this is why they stay away in droves. Not because Mourinho pushed the limits of the rules. That happens all the time in US / Southern Hemisphere sports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

no
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Just so you know, this is why they stay away in droves. Not because Mourinho pushed the limits of the rules. That happens all the time in US / Southern Hemisphere sports.

What you call pushing the limits of the rules I call dragging the name of the sport even further down into the gutter. The video you posted shows players trying to pull the wool over the referee's eyes and making a mockery of the sport. As far as I'm concerned Mourinho's antics fall into that category.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

no
    Definitely should have been charged. It is obvious that it is Mourinho's latest ploy to build a good, strong siege mentality at the Bernebau

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Richard Noggin

no
    I don't like seeing this sort of thing happening in football, personally. Regardless of whether they should be banned or not, the they shouldn't be praised for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

I can't understand how much of you say he should be punished for this.

It is near impossible to establish a rule that punishes players/managers/teams for intentionally receiving bookings as intent can be quite difficult to prove. Bearing this in mind I think the climate the current rule system creates allows for such 'improper conduct' which is difficult to prove.

Mourhino exploited the rules for the betterment of his team which you can't fault the man for. Surely it is the rules which need to be changed rather than holding inquiries after every game trying to figure out whether players intentionally received bookings or not.. remove the incentive for 'improper conduct'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

UEFA has banned Mourinho for 2 matches over the incident....

Ramos and Alonso fined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

IvySlayer wrote: »
    UEFA has banned Mourinho for 2 matches over the incident....

Ramos and Alonso fined.

Bad week for the Special One.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

wow 33,000 out of mourinhos pocked and 16,000 out of ramos and Alonso pocket.They will definitely think twice now :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement