Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where is rte studio

Options
  • 25-11-2010 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

I got tickets for republic of telly but dont know Dublin very well. Can someone tell me how to get there and if there is any good/cheap hotle in the area???
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

From Dublin city get the 46a/145/10 bus from Nassau st/O'Connell st.

Ask the bus driver to tell you where the stop beside RTE studios is and he/she will let you off there. It is 15 minutes drive from the city so your best bet would be to book a hostel on-line and get the bus back into the city after the show is finished filming. A hostel in the city could cost you as little as 20 euros (shared dorm)...

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

RTE's Studio (Montrose) is on Nutley Lane in the Merrion Area. it is just off the N11 Dual Carriageway that links Dublin to the Southeast (Wicklow and Wexford).

There is a plentiful supply of buses from the City Centre. Check out this URL. http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/?searchtype=place&searchquery=Nutley+Lane

Thanks to the Quality Bus Corridor, the journey time from the City Centre is quite short (maybe 20 minutes).

From the M50, you could hop off at Exit 13 or Exit 14

The Montrose Hotel is within walking distance of RTE and beside the bus stops to the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

IF you're getting the train to Heuston, you can get the 145 Bus from outside it goes past RTE.

Down the N11 there's also Stillorgan Park Hotel, or in Ballsbridge there's Bewleys Hotel which is a 15 minute walk or you can get 4/7/45 bus on the Merrion Road the short distance. It's also easy to get a bus back into the city centre so anywhere in town is grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Your best bet would be to get a hostel in the city center. Its only 30 minutes or so on the bus to RTE. You cant miss it, big giant mast and big giant salarys.

http://www.donnybrookhall.com/ is only a short walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    The Montrose Hotel is within walking distance of RTE and beside the bus stops to the city.
    Except that it's been shut since Jan 2010.

As some other poster's have said, RTE is not far from city centre and you'll have a better select of cheaper accomadation there. There are a few hotels in the area but none of which I'd consider 2budget".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

D'oh. I forgot that the Montrose Hotel had shut. It's a shame, because it was a decent hotel. I think the owners fell into NAMA:(

I have a feeling that there's a few guesthouses/B&Bs on the Stillorgan Dual Carriageway. The RTE area isn't blessed with many hotels, although the Tara Towers is within a walk also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    D'oh. I forgot that the Montrose Hotel had shut. It's a shame, because it was a decent hotel. I think the owners fell into NAMA:(

I have a feeling that there's a few guesthouses/B&Bs on the Stillorgan Dual Carriageway. The RTE area isn't blessed with many hotels, although the Tara Towers is within a walk also.

and quite reasonably priced

• Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

yermandan wrote: »
    From Dublin city get the 46a/145/10 bus from Nassau st/O'Connell st.

OP 10 no longer exists FYI

Advertisement