Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax the exiles, arrest the bankers, bring in economic treason laws

Options
  • 25-11-2010 5:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4

I dont mind them cutting welfare, what i do mind is that they are not making cuts and being efficient, effective, and economical when we asked them to be during the boom years, its a sham, they cut it when people are most vulnerable, and i feel for the poeple with children living on 160 a week now, if it is a 15% cut, how can anyone live on that, even if ur single, I think the idea is that employers wont be competing with social welfare, now that they will drop wages to 7.65, the government expect them to hire an extra person, in reality they wont and its just the weak gtn screwed, the ones that ppl dont care about, pensioners, single parents, not just unemployed.

We have everything we need to compete internationally, great R&D, Education, tax rate etc, obviously we have been thrown into a recession by idiots in the banks and governement, so its turns me inside out to hear them go on like we have to pull together, for the better etc fk you, we did work hard for the last 20 years and u threw it away, no we have people back washing toilets for 7.65 like it is our patriotic duty, like it wass no ones fault and we shoudl drive on, fk u cowen, u fat prick.

And fk the banks who screwed us all the way, and even in regards NAMA they screwed us, making sure we got the bad loans, A friend of mine works for BOI ans was part of the team transferring loans to NAMA, and this is fact, they made sure we got the dodgy loans that had little chance of being repaid, he knew AIB was going to nationalised and BOI would be ok, the bankers knew what was on eachothers loan books, we would be naive to think the politicians didnt, they drink together in the dail for fks sake.

They knew this EIGHT months ago, we are just sheep for the slaughter. I cant believe it is true and they knew and were defrading us, after we bailed them out. So in essence we bank rolled them so they could defraud us more... to keep good loans and shaft nama with crap.... The banks are crazy bastards wrecking this country and will lie to the very end to stay afloat cos the rewards are massive.

We need to investigate BOI and the rest over the passing of loans to NAMA, that means get warrants to go through their emails etc, i guarantee they will find incriminating info. If we find the proof, then we take ownership of solvent bank for a change and arrest these fkrs..

http://www.businessworld.ie/livenews.htm?a=2679442;s=rollingnews.htm

Not only did the banks cause this they have consistently lied and show contempt for our society. Why do we have to accept all of this, will fIne Gael sort it out??????????? Why are these issues not on the ballot box?? They are investigatin Seanie Fitz and we will see what happens

I cant see how they dont start taxing dermot desmond, denis o brien and the rest of those tax exiles, in the uk the revenue won a case against a tax exile on the following grounds;

A nonresident must "demonstrate a distinct break from former social and family ties within the U.K.," the judges said in their ruling.

None of our tax exiles could manage that and in the UK they would be taxed and it would be BACKDATED...

www .finfacts.ie/irishfinancenews/article_1019073.shtml

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/most-favour-withdrawing-passports-from-tax-exiles-477118.html

I bet those taxes could mean we would leave the vulnerable alone and it would have a fairer distribution of the burden.

Joan Burton says no tax exile has yet paid the 200K, lets start charging penalties, its a real joke when they dont feel in any rush to pay the 200K, no doubt they are paying big money to find a loop hole or a tax shelter. We could be earning the interest on the 200K not them.

http://www.joanburton.ie/uncategorized/tax-exiles-not-asked-to-pay-a-red-cent-in-2010

Like the old saying says, a measure of our civilisation is how we treat our most vulnerable.

Also I think that Fianna Fail should change there name so as people realise they have nothing in common with the old 'Soldiers of Destiny'. People need to vote with their conscience not with sentimentality or blind allegiance to a memory of past politics

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

ummm the whole point of NAMA was to take the bad loans from the bank.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 New World Order

I should probably have clarified it more for people who dont know anything about this, but thought ppl would read the article below the paragraph

http://www.businessworld.ie/livenews.htm?a=2679442;s=rollingnews.htm

it reads as follows

''Irish bank officials systematically lied to the National Asset Management Agency about the bad developer loans on their books and the Gardai should be called in, NAMA chief executive Brendan McDonagh agreed today.
    They did this to defraud the State of money, according to Fianna Fail TD Michael McGrath. Mr McDonagh agreed that this was the case.

I was pointing out that its actually true, heard it from the bank official personally, they were laughing like it was a game, they seem to forget the consequences of it.''

I will try and explain...

The purpose of NAMA was to take the bad or risky loans BUT the banks lied about how bad they were, so when the NAMA said we will cut 40% off the loan they were working on the assumption that the banks were being honest in relation to whether the debts would be paid back.

So NAMA said to them you can keep the ones we know wont be paid back at all, and we will take ones that will give us a 60% return. Bear in mind the governement, or us the tax payer has given them money anyway in terms of bailouts and recapitalising them.

NAMA set out criteria and if they loans met the criteria NAMA went to take them. But banks told them no they are crap, cos they wanted to keep them cos they knew the loan would be repaid and instead said take this loan which they knew would not be repaid. They tried basically to keep loans they knew would be repaid and gave nama bullsht info. It is a crime against the tax payer.... we will pay in taxes and reduced wages etc, as we a re now doing, but its just another example of how they get away with this sht

NAMA did not just hand over money for nothing, they were for 'risky loans' but they worked with the banks to make sure the risk could be estimated, hence the 'haircut' so NAMA got say a one million euro loan 600K.

Read the article, its fascinating ppl dont get all thats going on, pass on the info

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭shannonpowerlab

Bring back public execution too?

Or perhaps more like public spanking for the offenders.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 New World Order

Yes public spanking would at least be humilitating and Grafton Street would be a good place.

If only it was only a flogging matter, check this guy out and what he said about Ireland and IMF;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQFHgcFlrlw

'why dont we execute Sean Fitz' he asks?

I think Lenihan is gtn shafted. I reckon Bertie is gtn away scott free, his ads are no where to be seen on TV, when the sht hits the fan he goes underground, i havnt heard too many ppl mention his name, Cowen is such a thick brick he thoguht he was on to a winner taken the role of leader of Fianna Fail, bertie was only too happy to gt out and stop the FACTS that he is a corrupt fool who led us to this recession and then gave riegns to cowen..

Just read what they say about bertie on wiki, it must be true if its on wiki lol

''Ahern was educated at St. Patrick's National School in Drumcondra and at St. Aidan's Christian Brothers in Whitehall.[6] He received his third level education at the College of Commerce, Rathmines, part of the Dublin Institute of Technology. Ahern has claimed or it has been claimed by others in circulated biographies that he was educated at University College Dublin and the London School of Economics but neither university has any records that show Ahern was ever one of their students.[7]

He worked in the Accounts Department of the Mater Hospital, Dublin but though a self-described accountant, as in a TV interview with Bryan Dobson in 2006[8] and radio interviews during May 2008 with George Hook and on his party's website,[9] he never qualified as a member of any accountants' association. The Irish Independent described him as an accounts clerk''

Lenihan and Cowen are solicitors, none of them are real business men and they run the most important company Eire

We defo need new laws for white collar crime, and if we broguht in a law that the governemnt wont ever bailout banks again then we wouldnt have this problem, the banks wouldnt gamble like this, its so simple to do these things.

I reckon Cowens a bolleeex for not stepn down and callin a general election cos then we can start to talk positive, and get on with rebuilding etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

The name means zero credibility should be given to this poster.

I did a 'ctrl-f' for "illuminati", was shocked I got zero hits.

• Advertisement
Advertisement