Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non slip floor for bathroom

• 25-11-2010 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

I'm looking for some advice regarding a job I'm going to undertake in my bathroom at home.

I have tiles already laid on the floor but I'm thinking of putting some sort of non slip flooring down on top of this. Is this possible?

Any advice welcome, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Vinyl or linoleum.

Both materials are not affected by dampness and splashes, are low slip, come in a huge ranges of patterns and finishes, and are easy for a DIYer to fit. No glue required.

Lino(leum) is a natural product but is more expensive than vinyl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭King Mallie

R u going to take the tiles ?? Because if you dont the lino will crack over time due to the grout lines of the tiles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭backrow67n8

I don't really want to take up the tiles if I can get away with it. I was looking at some rubber flooring, anyone know if its any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I don't really want to take up the tiles if I can get away with it. I was looking at some rubber flooring, anyone know if its any good?

Your simplest solution would be to buy a bath mat...

Problem solved.

You will not apply rubber with success over the tiles without effect a lot of things including the doors and the skirting

Non slip tiles are very hard to keep clean.

Advertisement