Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HKC SABB

• 25-11-2010 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi All,

I was hoping someone could help me. I bought a new SABB external bell for my house and somehow between buying it and now I have managed to loose the installation notes that came in the box. Can any one point me in the right direction in getting another copy.

Cheers.:)

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Post what panel are you connecting it to and we can tell you how to connect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Pentax

Thanks KoolKid

Its the HKC 1070 hybrid panel. The bell is a hardwired bell.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭altor

Handy enough to do. External bell in panel to external bell in bell + -, Strobe in panel to Strobe in bell + -. Bho in panel to Bho in bell. Tamper return in panel to tamper return in bell.

Thanks Altor, I did that and it seems to have worked. The only thing Im not sure about is the sequence of operation on re-entering the premises after the entry time has been exceeded. The sequence of events are as follows:
    • On entering, the entry time starts to count down, however after the time has elapsed the keypad sounds like it is still counting down, is this normal?
    • Once the time has elapsed the internal sounder sounds but the external bell seems to have a time delay of approx 1min after the internal sounder. The lights flash on the external bell from the start but no sound for approx 1 min.
    Any ideas, do I need to change a setting in the panel that I have missed?

Pentax wrote: »
    Thanks Altor, I did that and it seems to have worked. The only thing Im not sure about is the sequence of operation on re-entering the premises after the entry time has been exceeded. The sequence of events are as follows:
    • On entering, the entry time starts to count down, however after the time has elapsed the keypad sounds like it is still counting down, is this normal?
    • Once the time has elapsed the internal sounder sounds but the external bell seems to have a time delay of approx 1min after the internal sounder. The lights flash on the external bell from the start but no sound for approx 1 min.

When you enter the house the entry/exit timer should start. You need to enter your code before the timer ends.

• Advertisement

Thanks for you reply Altor,

I know when the code is inputted before the time exceeds the alarm will disarm. However I wanted to test the alarm was working correct if someone way to gain entry via the front door. The reason I posted was because the outside bell had a time delay of approx 1min after the internal sounder was activated, is that normal?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭NDJ4

Hi Pentax,

The keypad entry buzzer will continue to sound after the entry timer has elapsed (internal bell triggers at this stage) and the entry buzzer will only stop when the Split Entry timer (default 30 sec) elapses (External bell triggers at this stage). If you want the external bell to trigger at the end of the entry time set the Split entry timer to 0. This is done in Timers menu - System timers. I'd also recommend reducing the default entry time from 30 seconds to a shorter time once you're happy that you can enter the code quickly enough. This gives any potential intruder less time to do any damage before the bells activate.

Thanks for you reply Altor,

I know when the code is inputted before the time exceeds the alarm will disarm. However I wanted to test the alarm was working correct if someone way to gain entry via the front door. The reason I posted was because the outside bell had a time delay of approx 1min after the internal sounder was activated, is that normal?;)

Your welcome,

Yes it is normal, it is set up this way by default. It is to prevent the external bell ringing for cases of false alarms, same with exit faults. You can change the timers as NDJ4 described if your setting it up yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭NDJ4

altor wrote: »
    Your welcome,

Yes it is normal, it is set up this way by default. It is to prevent the external bell ringing for cases of false alarms, same with exit faults. You can change the timers as NDJ4 described if your setting it up yourself.

True, probably best to leave the split timer alone to avoid having the external bell ringing in case you don't enter your code on time. System installers would never change this timer, but at least you now know why your external bell activations are delayed!

NDJ4 wrote: »
    True, probably best to leave the split timer alone to avoid having the external bell ringing in case you don't enter your code on time. System installers would never change this timer, but at least you now know why your external bell activations are delayed!

Correct, they are set up this way for a reason but in a self install there are no rules and regulations to follow :D

• Advertisement

Thanks Guys thought that might be the way.

I want to change the light on the front of the external bell from flashing to one continous light. This can be done by changing the jumbers thats are on the PCB in the external bell, correct? How can I open the box without the alarm going off, dont want to fall off the ladder?:)

Thanks Guys thought that might be the way.

I want to change the light on the front of the external bell from flashing to one continous light. This can be done by changing the jumbers thats are on the PCB in the external bell, correct? How can I open the box without the alarm going off, dont want to fall off the ladder?:)

The bell will go off when you open it. If you down power the alarm then open the bell, disconnect the battery lead in the bell. This will stop it ringing. Thats correct about the link.

Thanks Altor,

Thought as much, cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Ive a HKC bell (new version) and a HKC old version connected to my 10/70 panel. Problem is when i put the panel into engineer mode and open the new bell it only sounds for 2sec i dont have to disconnect any leads. When i close the tamper the siren does 1 bleep and the count down begins with 1 led flashing then it sounds for 4 seconds ... Other then this it works fine

Advertisement