Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions

Options
  • 25-11-2010 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

i have a few questions that i need to ask about ucd in general and my course. I have looked through the ucd science thread yet i am looking for more information. Looking through all prospectus and the site i can find no refence to the amount of modules/subjects i can choose in first year. Can anyone clarify this? I have heard recently that a few courses eg Neuroscience are hard to enter from the undenominated side, is this true?
    What is the accomodation like?? is it possible to get a room with a friend or would this be unadvisable? Do any of the rooms have an ensuite??

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Roight...

You do 12 modules per year, 6 in the first semester and 6 in the second semester, or 7 and 5 in either. 10 are already down as part of your course and then you get to choose 2 electives which can be any course offered in UCD. Problem is, if you're looking to do neuroscience chances are it MIGHT clash with something you're already down for, because the science modules usually operate simultaneously to save time or some great excuse like that, it was a pain in the ass for me when I was picking mine, but there are always plenty of options so it should be ok.

As for accomodation, yes there are en-suite rooms but you'd be forking out 6 or 7 grand for them when you could share with 2 other people for 4-5k. If you want to book with a friend, I suggest you'se both get together with laptops and book rooms in the same apartment, you can't actually ring them and say I want two rooms here or whatever, it's all done online. I know a 6 lads who booked out a 6 man apartment in Glenomena last year so it works out fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭elgriff

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Cathald04 wrote: »
    i have a few questions that i need to ask about ucd in general and my course. I have looked through the ucd science thread yet i am looking for more information. Looking through all prospectus and the site i can find no refence to the amount of modules/subjects i can choose in first year. Can anyone clarify this? I have heard recently that a few courses eg Neuroscience are hard to enter from the undenominated side, is this true?
    What is the accomodation like?? is it possible to get a room with a friend or would this be unadvisable? Do any of the rooms have an ensuite??

Thanks!

In every course you take 60 credits, which in science almost always works out at 12, 5 credit modules.

From looking at the propsectus, I dont think you can do denominated neuroscience anymore. This year there's about 5 places for non-denominated students, so it's going to be really competitive. But I'm fairly certain you just go into omnibus and compete for a place now. They seem to be stopping doing denominated degree entry (But there might be an exception to this?), other than Computer Science which you can do through omnibus anymore.

There are twin rooms in Belgrove, but Belgrove is a hole..... You could share an apartment with a friend. Some places have en suite bathrooms (Glenomena and Roebuck I think, most dont afaik)

Advertisement