Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carpentry cost (doors, frames, skirting, architrave)

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

rok wrote: »
    About to price around for the second fix Carpentry.

What should I expect to pay for hanging 12 doors including installing frames / locks and handles / architrave and about 130 metres of skirting (all red deal) and a small bit of shelving in the hotpress?

12 doors @120 =1440
    130m's of skirting @3.50 per metre =455
    hotpress @150
    total E 2045

i'm at the building game for years now and they are reasonable rates. it all depends how hard up the carpenter is. at moment people are working just to survive. it takes a lot less for a 20 year old living at home with his parents to survive than someone with a family. also take into consideration when the other people are advising you of what a weeks wages should be. there holiday pay, sick time off, stamps, tooling costs, diesel and the not getting paid factor most people forget about all of these when they mention a week wages

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭PaulieBoy

1chippy wrote: »
    12 doors @120 =1440
    130m's of skirting @3.50 per metre =455
    hotpress @150
    total E 2045

i'm at the building game for years now and they are reasonable rates. it all depends how hard up the carpenter is. at moment people are working just to survive. it takes a lot less for a 20 year old living at home with his parents to survive than someone with a family. also take into consideration when the other people are advising you of what a weeks wages should be. there holiday pay, sick time off, stamps, tooling costs, diesel and the not getting paid factor most people forget about all of these when they mention a week wages
    I'm in the building game all my life, and I can tell ya you will never work again in this country at those rates.
    Even in the "good old days" I could not get 130 to hang a door!

Advertisement