Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elves in Donerail park!

Options
  • 25-11-2010 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

I'm looking for some like minded people to go hunting for elves this comming saturday in Donerail park about 3am. Ill have the honey all you need is the measuring stick to defend yourself. If it proves unsucessful like two weeks ago(get well soon Giles), make sure to bring a change of socks and mittins. It can get quiet chilly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

worthkill wrote: »
    I'm looking for some like minded people to go hunting for elves this comming saturday in Donerail park about 3am. Ill have the honey all you need is the measuring stick to defend yourself. If it proves unsucessful like two weeks ago(get well soon Giles), make sure to bring a change of socks and mittins. It can get quiet chilly.

Elves is not taking a break, he is dead. You will not find him.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 worthkill

Im going elf hunting not elvis hunting....that's not on the agenda at all. Are you in or are you out?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I think you're very much out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Think its the shrooms they've been chasing and not elfs

Oh well, after a galant battle this morning, three fellow elve hunters and myself left Donerail park very unsatisfied. Not a creature in site, we got excited alright about 3am this morning when we saw a white creature emerge from a thicket of rushes only to be dismayed at a advancing swan.Oh well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

not many elves left in ireland,thy have all gone to britain because of their national elf-service

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

er.. this is IRELAND.. No elves here, ..just leprechauns...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

:DMaybe they dislike appearing to people who mis-spelll Doneraile.:D

Anyhow, everyone knows that Doneraile Court is haunted and elves don't like ghosts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I could find better things to do with my time than running around Doneraile park looking for elves or elvis at 3 am....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Would never venture in there after dark, too many creepy stories..

• Advertisement

:DMaybe they dislike appearing to people who mis-spelll Doneraile.:D

Anyhow, everyone knows that Doneraile Court is haunted and elves don't like ghosts.

Oh bravery and spelling excelence are a must, when one goes hunting for elves ill have you know!

A bad feel about the place once the sun goes down...Headless coach, widow's curse,ghost of the mad Lord Doneraile...:eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Would never venture in there after dark, too many creepy stories..

Such as? Enlighten me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

worthkill wrote: »

What do you do with the elves if you catch them? I hope you're not intending to have your wicked way with the poor little fellas!

tommy21 wrote: »
    Such as? Enlighten me!
    The ghost of the Lord Doneraile who contracted rabies and was smothered to save family honour is said to haunt the house.

It was said that auld Nick as a visitor to the house and travelled by headless coach and some nights you can still see gates fly open and the coach emerge.

The widow's curse was on the same Doneraile who died from rabies.
    It was the "that you may die roaring" type of a curse,

"Reflected in the mirror of the sideboard was a full length portrait of the black-bearded 4th. Viscount Doneraile, resting an arm on his horse. He was one of the great Victorian hunting men, and his end was ironic and macabre. He kept a pet fox which was housed near the gate at the side of the court. The fox became rabid and bit its master. The Viscount contracted rabies and was smothered with pillows by the housemaids to spare him suffering and prevent him spreadind the disease to others."

Advertisement