Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Researchers To Test 'Near Death Experiences'

Options
  • 25-11-2010 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭

At 18 hospitals in the U.S. and U.K., researchers have suspended pictures, face up, from the ceilings in emergency-care areas. The reason: to test whether patients brought back to life after cardiac arrest can recall seeing the images during an out-of-body experience.

for more click here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Yep, interesting study

Too lazy to read the article -- does it say what the pictures are of? Something unusual/abstract presumably? Maybe a 3- or 4-digit number would be good too/instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

im also too lasy to read the article, but I read of a similar study that has been going on for a few years. Nothing to report to date, though the study I heard of had very limited funding and was only set up in a few hospitals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭MingulayJohnny

I was once told by a hypnotherapist that he hypnotised a patient who when she came out of her trance told him that she had journeyed to her mother's kitchen and saw her mother and her sister talking. When she called to her mothers she could recount what they were speaking about , wearing etc , much to their surprise. We're much more than flesh and blood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I was once told by a hypnotherapist that he hypnotised a patient who when she came out of her trance told him that she had journeyed to her mother's kitchen and saw her mother and her sister talking. When she called to her mothers she could recount what they were speaking about , wearing etc , much to their surprise. We're much more than flesh and blood.
    Would love it if the hypnotherapist had first interviewed the mother and sister and wrote down all the topics that were covered, and then compared the list to what the patient said. Also did the patient recount exactly what they were wearing, or was it some approximation?

Unfortunately in cases like this, the patient probably said "mam and [sister] were sitting in the kitchen talking about Coronation Street, and mam was wearing her purple cardigan" -- which they probably do all the time! :p -- and it gets exaggerated into the story we have now. That's the way these things tend to work. There's no thorough analysis of the claims being made, there's just a rough anecdote.

And there's no evidence that we're more than flesh and blood ;) (in the metaphorical sense)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

i once rang my parents house and heard my ma talking in the kitchen - even though the phone hadn't actually rang.

It wasnt a ghost though - it was just the RUC bugging our phone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement