Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two bills

Options
  • 25-11-2010 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭

hi iv got billed for my old house and my new house both were rented.
    iv been billed from sept-november 8 on my old place but i moved out on the 7th of october.:confused:

my new bill is ok as it starts on oct 7th so i dont mind paying that.
    but do i have to pay for units used after 7th oct on my old house?

also my bills have different account numbers, i thought if you moved you still keep the same account number?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi demakinz,

Did you close the account at your previous address yourself, or did a landlord/letting agent do so on your behalf? If you PM your account details I can have a look at it for you.
    demakinz wrote:
    also my bills have different account numbers, i thought if you moved you still keep the same account number?

Generally speaking, we reuse/recycle a customer's account number where possible (better for the environment ;)); however, in this case it's possible that you were registered to your new address while the old account was still active, necessitating two separate account numbers.

PM me if you'd like me to have a look.

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

Hi demakinz,

Did you close the account at your previous address yourself, or did a landlord/letting agent do so on your behalf? If you PM your account details I can have a look at it for you.

Generally speaking, we reuse/recycle a customer's account number where possible (better for the environment ;)); however, in this case it's possible that you were registered to your new address while the old account was still active, necessitating two separate account numbers.

PM me if you'd like me to have a look.

Thanks,

David.

Hi David thanks for your reply,
    I sent an email to esb yesterday and i got a reply back today.

Apparently my old land lady/ letting agent didn't close my account on my old apartment which she assured me she would do so as soon as we moved out hence the too bills.

I think i would be better off dealing with just the lady from esb that i am in email contact with. I don't want to confuse the issue with to many people involved.

If you think it would help me pm-ing you i would have no problem sending you my account details

**Also on a side note is there a way to get in contact with a costumer service agent on the phone without getting an automated voice?**

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

demakinz wrote:
    I think i would be better off dealing with just the lady from esb that i am in email contact with. I don't want to confuse the issue with too many people involved.

A sensible approach. I'd be fully confident myself that my colleague will be able to sort out your query without my intervention.
    demakinz wrote:
    **Also on a side note is there a way to get in contact with a costumer service agent on the phone without getting an automated voice?**

Chris has just posted here, giving a comprehensive run down of the new automated phone service.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement