Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Girl With a Gun!

• 25-11-2010 6:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

Well, more specifically a Garda with a Gun.

Long story short I was walking through town today when I saw a fairly hot woman walking up the street, then she turned and walked into a Garda station. It was only as she walked into the door that I saw the gun strapped to her hip.

I'm not sure what the rules are concerning which Gardaí carry weapons. I assumed because she was a plain clothes Garda that she was a detective. A mate of mine has contradicted this saying that only the Rapid Response unit carry guns.

Does anyone know how it works?

Anyway back to my original point: It was nifty! NIFTY I SAY!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Pookah

Was it Sharpshooter out doing her Christmas shopping?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I wouldn't mind her showing me her guns. Eh? EH?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Scráib wrote: »

Long story short I was walking through town today when I saw a fairly hot woman walking up the street, then she turned and walked into a Garda station. It was only as she walked into the door that I saw the gun strapped to her hip.

I'm not sure what the rules are concerning which Gardaí carry weapons. I assumed because she was a plain clothes Garda that she was a detective. A mate of mine has contradicted this saying that only the Rapid Response unit carry guns.

Any garda in plain clothes can carry a gun if they are trained in its use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

All detectives can carry guns. The Emergency Response Unit are detectives (technically) and that is why they carry guns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

A decent number of detectives are routinely armed with pistols.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

A Garda with a gun is no match for a Hobo with a Shotgun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Hair trigger reaction?

A decent number of detectives are routinely armed with pistols.

A decent number. That's a number somewhere between a hape of detectives and a shitload of detectives. Right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Don't they usually have the in an underarm holster or whatever they're called.

Pookah wrote: »
    A decent number. That's a number somewhere between a hape of detectives and a shitload of detectives. Right?

Jaysus that's a fierce amount altogether so it is so it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

You squeeze the trigger and it goes BANG.

Simple, next.

Simple, next.

Which end do you point at the thing that you want to die?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Which end do you point at the thing that you want to die?

Try THIS ONE and get back to me!.

Try THIS ONE and get back to me!.

Will do captain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭chicken fingers

god, do you people ever stick your heads out of the fog that surrounds your bog-filled one horse towns?

In half the world, you will see females carrying weapons every day. What makes this newsworthy?

god, do you people ever stick your heads out of the fog that surrounds your bog-filled one horse towns?

In half the world, you will see females carrying weapons every day. What makes this newsworthy?

Welcome to After Hours. Nothing needs to be newsworthy to be discussed here dude.

Take this for instance: I had a spicy BLT for lunch and for some reason now every time I fart I think of my holidays last year in Mexico.

Discuss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

Because there aren't that many guns in Ireland, because handguns are even less common, and because seeing someone walking around with a handgun strapped to her hip is an unusual thing to see in the afternoon in the middle of Dublin.

And since when is posting in After Hours making it 'news'? This is the 'random thoughts and unimportant things we want throw out to discuss' forum. I didn't post here expecting a serious reply from anyone.

Lighten up buddy.

What makes this newsworthy?

This isn't a news website. The OP was making enquiries about which Gardai carry guns, and sharing with us that he'd seen a hot woman, who happened to be a Garda carrying a gun, which prompted his enquiries about which Gardai carry guns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Pookah wrote: »

Slightly closer to a metric fcukton than either, really.
    stovelid wrote: »

Shoulder holster. Designed more for if they're driving with it. Otherwise, hip is more common. Faster to get at.

It's not the fact that it's a female, but that it's a Garda, as all too many people don't realise that a lot of them routinely carry firearms and are under the illusion that they're entirely unarmed. The focus is on the gun, not the girl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

I don't believe this, for the following reasons:
    fairly hot ...

...was a Garda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Hot female garda?

Anyone got her number?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Welcome to After Hours. Nothing needs to be newsworthy to be discussed here dude.

Take this for instance: I had a spicy BLT for lunch and for some reason now every time I fart I think of my holidays last year in Mexico.

Discuss.

I think I walked through your 'Fart Trail' earlier, it also reminded me of Mexico for some reason - even though I never been.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

YOu don't see it it in this half of the world?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

I believe roughly one tenth of the force are now trained in firearms use,and permitted to carry them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

k_mac wrote: »
    Any garda in plain clothes can carry a gun if they are trained in its use.

summary of training:

Point away from face

squeeze trigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

That was a bra that she was wearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

I think I walked through your 'Fart Trail' earlier, it also reminded me of Mexico for some reason - even though I never been.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Fouloleron

She sounds like a bit of a "pistol" ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I used to see them back when I was on the dole 17 years ago.
    Two detectives in an unmarked car sitting outside the dole office in Maynooth.
    One of them would sometimes have an Uzi on his lap. At least i think it was an Uzi.

Would you like a hug?

I don't believe this, for the following reasons:
    They are out there.
    I got a slap off one many years ago.
    She wasn't impressed when I drunkenly tried to chat her up. Bitch then handcuffed me and I spent a couple of hours in the drunk tank.
    I was released because my snoring was annoying them, and I hadn't really done anything wrong.

Terry wrote: »
    One of them would sometimes have an Uzi on his lap. At least i think it was an Uzi.

Maybe he was just pleased to see you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Was it one of these honeys?
    http://2leep.com/bar.php?s=67609

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Terry wrote: »

I spent a couple of hours in the drunk tank.

Is that what we're calling it now?!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

I always get a little thrill when I see a Guard, male or female, carrying a gun. I don't know why though.

It's very strange because I can pick up a shotgun & shoot a rabbit, or at least try to, at any time. But it doesn't do the same thing for me :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Maybe he was just pleased to see you?
    Maybe, but if he was, then it was a really oddly shaped penis he was holding. Poor bastard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The ladies chest holsters are already full.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Never fall for a woman who has a bigger gun then you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Never fall for a woman who has a bigger gun then you.

Crying game springs to mind.

*involuntary shudder*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

She can play with my shooter any day....:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

easyeason3 wrote: »
    It's very strange because I can pick up a shotgun & shoot a rabbit, or at least try to, at any time. But it doesn't do the same thing for me :confused:

They can't hold a shotgun with their little paws ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Pics or GTFO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

Just a floozy with an Uzi?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

Simple, next.

no man, you hold it side ways and cap somebody

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

I news today a shootout in a Garda station between members of the ARU and some random hot b*tch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

A Garda with a gun is no match for a Hobo with a Shotgun!

How poetic.

Advertisement