Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bridge WRT54GL with Netopia 2246w

Options
  • 25-11-2010 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Im trying to do a small test to get my WRT54GL (with DD-WRT) bridged with an Netopia 2246w so that i can use the pptp technology within DD-WRT for some temporary remote access for a few users.

My basic understanding on how to do this is:
    1. Set 2246w to RFC1483 Bridged Mode
    2. VPI/VCI, VC-based/LLC-based multiplexing to use Bridged Mode
    This part is fine, i can connect with a laptop by setting up a PPPoE connection within Windows and dialing manually. However on the DD-WRT side simply nothing happens, the device fails to get a WAN address therefore i cant get out to anywhere.

Anyone any ideas ?

DD-WRT router is pushing out a 12.x.56.x address to clients; the PPTP connection to the destination subnet on the remote network is 12.x.55.x; i dont think its a conflict at this stage as it hasnt even got to the point of setting up a wan connection before attempting to do pptp or employ the static routing rules.

Have any of you guys done this before ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

Cryos wrote: »
    [/LIST]This part is fine, i can connect with a laptop by setting up a PPPoE connection within Windows and dialing manually. However on the DD-WRT side simply nothing happens, the device fails to get a WAN address therefore i cant get out to anywhere.

Well this will have to be sorted before you go any further. In the WAN setup of the DD-WRT, are you selecting PPPoE and entering the username/password details for the connection with your broadband provider?

Advertisement