Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving house, moving the internet connection?

• 25-11-2010 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

hi not sure if i am in the right place but i am not getting an response from ripple after many voice mails and emails

i will be moving house soon have been an ice custumer for years

how do i move the connection with me to my new house, would i have to pay? for the transfer or would it be better just to cancel current provider and sign up with another?

what would be cheaper?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Depends where you're moving to-most parts of Carlow town have UPC broadband now.However if it's a rural area you'd probably be better off signing up again after cancelling old account.Ripplecom do free installs if you take a 2 year contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭boomslang

As your moving generally you can take the service to your new home. But as your having difficulty contacting them write them a letter. Might be best to assume you'll get no response so unless you know you have any add on or upgrade that triggered a new contract period you might be best giving them notice to terminate the service.
    If you haven't already try to contact their sales team. Most sales teams work on commission so tend to help more if they smell a commission!
    If your moving to a new build check there are lines in as we were told where we moved too had only to discover we didn't (took 3 months!)
    As zerks suggests look at all the options you might get a better deal or much faster service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Since it's Wireless they have to do a new install and it may not work at all.

UPC is far better. Metro is Better, DSL is a bit better.

See what is available at new address.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 carlowed

thanks people

Advertisement