Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Festive Houses

Options
  • 25-11-2010 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭

Some folks really go to town (or at least they used to) decorating the exterior of their homes at Christmas.
    I remember a few years back there was a house Dalkey, near the hill, that was absolutely mad with flashing lights, twinkling decorations and giant santas/reindeer/snowmen etc. It was a real Santa's Grotto, and really an amazing thing to see at night.
    People went out of their way to have a look at the legendary house and everyone knew about it.

So, does anyone know if there is anything like that in the Greystones area? A house that traditionally shows off every year? (It would have to be something quite ostentatious and not in a secluded spot, I have no interest in encroaching on anyone's privacy!)
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

There is a house in Hillside which has several light decorations every Christmas. Roof, walls and driveway. Its really the most lit up house in Greystones at Christmas time. And its owner works for the ESB :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

• Registered Users Posts: 14,934 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    There is a house in Hillside which has several light decorations every Christmas. Roof, walls and driveway. Its really the most lit up house in Greystones at Christmas time. And its owner works for the ESB :D

its actually in Heathervue, just by the first entrance into the estate as you drive up from the village.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

loyatemu wrote: »
    its actually in Heathervue, just by the first entrance into the estate as you drive up from the village.

Thanks for the correction, I am always mixing up the names of the two estates in that area

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭vinpaul

It's a few houses from Doctor's Surgery. There was another one in Kindlestown. Go up from Donnybrook Fare and turn Left. House is on the left. Not sure if its still being lit up. Looked well some years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Matt Le Tissue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFjI7gT1FvI

Saw this on YouTube and thought I'd share it with yis. If you're not into Slayer, you can turn the sound down, but I recommend turning it up loud.

Advertisement