Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xmas decorations and tree

• 25-11-2010 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭

OK ok ok.

Pointles and stupid thread. My missus wants to put the Xmas tree and stuff up friday nite because the toy show is on. I think its madness tbh. The second week in December is early enough tbh.

What do ye reackon?:o:o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Tell her as a female, there is only one thing in life she needs to be getting up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Kill the mad bitch.

Sometime around the 12th December's reasonable, but Jesus Christ, not in November.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

December 10th every year - no earlier...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

lol i wanted to do the same, but i settled for sunday instead!

its 4 weeks away and unless you have a real tree its not too early to get it up! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

This Friday?! Tell her to go jump(in a nice way :pac: )
    2nd week in December is grand sure.

My mam got a fcukin Christmas card on Monday!! Can people not just at least wait till December!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

-Corkie- wrote: »

What do ye reackon?:o:o

Grow a pair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Tell her as a female, there is only one thing in life she needs to be getting up...

Well shes able to do that because shes 10 weeks pregnant. Must be whats driving her mad!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

ah let her have some fun, its gonna be a sad aul xmas altogether, all gathered around broke, eating cheese....

"this is a very cheesey turkey.... in fact its an almost all cheese turkey?!, anyone would think that you're using cheese in everything because we can't afford any real food...... o....right..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

i have come round to the idea that the whole of december is nice to have the tree up. I like to take it back down on jan 1st too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I reckon the Christmas forum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

Is the Late Late Toy Show normally on in November? I mean, it will feel a bit weird watching it with no decorations up in the house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

My boyfriend bought a tree the other day and we put it up! I couldn't leave it sitting in the apartment, I was too excited :pac: When I was a kid, my parents never put the tree up 'til a few days before Christmas and everyone else had theirs up, so I'm just making up for all of that time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

It's been proven that if a couple put up Christmas decorations in November, by mid December both of them will have tried to kill each other at least once and at least one of them will have been successful.

I read it on the internet here so it must be true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

"Honey, the guys on boards says it's too early"

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

If only there was a seperate section on Boards for all Christmas related jibba-jabba. It could be in the Rec section, between "Beer Guts & Receeding Hairlines" and "Clearasil & Hormones" maybe. We could perhaps title the section "christmas". We could even link well meaning people to it in very surreptitious ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Madness! It's not even December yet! Ours goes up on the 16th and comes down on the 28th/29th. When Christmas is over I just get sick of looking at it all presentless and droopy. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Tell her Santy won't come if she puts the tree up too early.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Aurum

No, one week before Christmas is the perfect time. Any earlier than that and you'll be utterly fed up of the decorations by the time Christmas arrives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

This would be a lot easier OP if you switched over to Festivus. I did years ago and have never been happier.

Advertisement