Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC 1070 and a GSM dialler

Options
  • 25-11-2010 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

We installed a HKC SW-1070 panel today and tied in a HKC GSM unit to it. When the system was powered up, the relay on the GSM unit kept on clicking about every ten seconds. But when I went into the comms menu, the clicking would stop. Now, I had no DTV card to put on the panel and I wired up every thing else as normal including the two RS485 Comms Cards. But every time I came out of the Comms menu, the relay would kick off again clicking. In the end I had to power down the GSM Unit. I will be going back again next week to add the DTV. But will this sort my "clicking" problem? :confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,702 ✭✭✭✭altor

ehealo wrote: »
    We installed a HKC SW-1070 panel today and tied in a HKC GSM unit to it. When the system was powered up, the relay on the GSM unit kept on clicking about every ten seconds. But when I went into the comms menu, the clicking would stop. Now, I had no DTV card to put on the panel and I wired up every thing else as normal including the two RS485 Comms Cards. But every time I came out of the Comms menu, the relay would kick off again clicking. In the end I had to power down the GSM Unit. I will be going back again next week to add the DTV. But will this sort my "clicking" problem? :confused::confused:

You will need to make sure the GSM is the version that works with the 1070 panel. Are you using the gsm to text plus remote access ? If so you dont need the DTV.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ehealo

altor wrote: »
    You will need to make sure the GSM is the version that works with the 1070 panel. Are you using the gsm to text plus remote access ? If so you dont need the DTV.
    Need the DTV to contact Top Security Altor.

If you are using the GSM as a back up you will need the DTV card, you will not need to use the two RS485 Comms Cards. The main phone line goes into A/B on the GSM out of C/D of GSM into A/B of DTV then out on C/D to the phones in the premises.

If you are using the GSM as a back up you will need the DTV card, you will not need to use the two RS485 Comms Cards. The main phone line goes into A/B on the GSM out of C/D of GSM into A/B of DTV then out on C/D to the phones in the premises.

Ok, will give it a go without the two Comms Card. Hopefully that will sort the relays opening/closing!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭NDJ4

I've put a couple of these in lately, you don't need the comms cards if the gsm is backing up the phone line and you're not using text messaging from the gsm, but with the 1070 the gsm tamper, line fault and gsm line fault can be programmed to report via the comms cards thereby saving panel zones to monitor these fault conditions.

Sounds to me like the SIM card was registering/deregistering from the gsm network, what gsm signal strength were you getting from the unit? Were you in a good signal strength area for the SIM card you were using?

• Advertisement

Ok, will give it a go without the two Comms Card. Hopefully that will sort the relays opening/closing!

Hopefully it will ehealo. Also check what version it is as there are older versions still on the shelves of suppliers, just in case your connecting one for remote access as it wont work. It should not have any affect on you if your only using the unit as a back up.

NDJ4 wrote: »
    I've put a couple of these in lately, you don't need the comms cards if the gsm is backing up the phone line and you're not using text messaging from the gsm, but with the 1070 the gsm tamper, line fault and gsm line fault can be programmed to report via the comms cards thereby saving panel zones to monitor these fault conditions.

Sounds to me like the SIM card was registering/deregistering from the gsm network, what gsm signal strength were you getting from the unit? Were you in a good signal strength area for the SIM card you were using?
    Signal strength was only 20 - 40%

• Registered Users Posts: 47 almeera

Hi altor,

Do you have engeeniers manual for SW1070 and DTV ( dialler Text and Voice) ?

Do you know this dialler can be used with ATA telepbone connection, just for voice message? please let me know would like to change my pannel to this sw1070 and dialler as well.

thanks

almeera wrote: »
    Hi altor,

Do you have engeeniers manual for SW1070 and DTV ( dialler Text and Voice) ?

Do you know this dialler can be used with ATA telepbone connection, just for voice message? please let me know would like to change my pannel to this sw1070 and dialler as well.

thanks

Hi almeera,

I do not have this manual in PDF form, only paperback. Once you can get a voice call out the voice part of the dialer would work. All it is is a analog telephone adapter.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 almeera

hi alter,

thanks for your replay.

I am planing to install HKC controll pannel & key pad leave the old sensers. currently i have Aritech installed.

In HKC pannel, which one you will suggest. SW 810 or SW 1070. please let me know.

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

8/10 is an old panel. No way would I be using that as an upgrade.

almeera wrote: »
    hi alter,

thanks for your replay.

I am planing to install HKC controll pannel & key pad leave the old sensers. currently i have Aritech installed.

In HKC pannel, which one you will suggest. SW 810 or SW 1070. please let me know.

thanks

The HKC SW1070 is the better of the two, you can also add the voice or text card on to this panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ckinane

Hi,

If I install a GSM instead of a DTV, Do you still connect your Landline to the GSM module, so you can use as first option to contact you of an alarm event, and then if there is a problem with your landline, then the GSM will use Cellular to contact you ?

Thanks

ckinane wrote: »
    Hi,

If I install a GSM instead of a DTV, Do you still connect your Landline to the GSM module, so you can use as first option to contact you of an alarm event, and then if there is a problem with your landline, then the GSM will use Cellular to contact you ?

Thanks

No point as once the GSM is connected to the panel it takes control and sends out the text alerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ckinane

Thanks Altor

ckinane wrote: »
    Thanks Altor

Your welcome, any other problems let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DeepSub

Hi,
    I have a VoIP connection in my home with an ATA (Analog Telephone Adapter) that allows me to connect normal/standard phones. Does the HKC DTV work with ATA's? I have heard before that some automated boxes can have issues work with ATA's.
    thanks

DeepSub wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have a VoIP connection in my home with an ATA (Analog Telephone Adapter) that allows me to connect normal/standard phones. Does the HKC DTV work with ATA's? I have heard before that some automated boxes can have issues work with ATA's.
    thanks

If you can connect a standard phone to it then there should be no problem. The DTV will give a voice message of the zone activation, e.g. back window, bedroom window and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DeepSub

Thanks altor.
    I'll let you know how I get on.

DeepSub wrote: »
    Thanks altor.
    I'll let you know how I get on.

Your welcome,

Do let us know how you get on as it only making a call just like a phone would when the alarm activates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭iopener

hi all i'm new to boards so forgive me if i make a mess of this,Altor you seem to be the man to ask regarding hkc products, just wondering where i could pick a gsm for 1070 sw for €320

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You could try some of the suppliers in the sticky here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055956748
    Where are you located?

santry ,rew in finglas qouted me €370, just wondering where altor is getting his at 320

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Installers would get them cheaper

iopener wrote: »
    santry ,rew in finglas qouted me €370, just wondering where altor is getting his at 320

They are now €325, €320 was with the old VAT rate. Shop around and don't forget to haggle. Money in your hand knowing the correct price is in your favour ;)

cheers altor i'l try shop around like you said the money is better off in my pocket than someone else's.by the way is there much is in the way of programming the gsm,is it any more advance than programming a panel from scratch,just want to know before i go out and get one and run into all types of trouble.i've got a hybrid panel for a wireless pir's

They are easy enough to programme. You are using the same structure as the panel,The manual comes with it & if that doesn't work there's always here.

cheers altor i'l try shop around like you said the money is better off in my pocket than someone else's.by the way is there much is in the way of programming the gsm,is it any more advance than programming a panel from scratch,just want to know before i go out and get one and run into all types of trouble.i've got a hybrid panel for a wireless pir's

Your welcome. I would rather the few quid in my pocket also :D
    Once you have the engineer code off the system it is simple enough to program.
    If you do decide to set it up to trigger lights, heating then made sure you default it for home automation when setting it up first.
    There is a cheaper GSM for the 10/70 panel with no outputs coming out the end of September, it will cost in around €200.

Any problems, let us know..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Your welcome. I would rather the few quid in my pocket also :D
    Once you have the engineer code off the system it is simple enough to program.
    If you do decide to set it up to trigger lights, heating then made sure you default it for home automation when setting it up first.
    There is a cheaper GSM for the 10/70 panel with no outputs coming out the end of September, it will cost in around €200.

Any problems, let us know..

Will there not be wireless outputs on the gsm for the wireless output modules ?

• Advertisement

Will there not be wireless outputs on the gsm for the wireless output modules ?

That is the wire less output card, this will be separate and can be control over the web. Not out yet but just giving you an answer :D

Advertisement