Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC 1070 and a GSM dialler

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭iopener

hi all,well i got myself a gsm p for my sw1070 panel,put it on the right (i hope) ran a 6 core cable the,fella in the wholesalers said it would be fine cos i fitted the gsm right next to the panel, 2 for power 4 for coms,connected the 2 interface cards one on the gsm unit into terminal J3 and on the main panel into a terminal marked J3/SP2 with a little sticker on the PCB.i have connected up the wiring and have LED'S flashing on both cards.but according to the instructions i go to the dialler menu in enginners and do my programing problem is i just cant seem to find the dialer menu.anyone out there knows anything about this could you give a hand please;

• Registered Users Posts: 47 almeera

hi altor,

i am looking for a for gsm-q instalation on hkc 1070 pannel. i plug the gsm-q to the pannel with a sim and log into eng. mode. i can't find the gsm setting . to enable or do further programing. i have under in comms menu - 1 dtv modem menu, 2 sport equipment menu, 3 - remote user menu, 4-comms opts menu, 5-panal print menu, 6-comm service menu.

please advise me , what i have to do to set up the gsm-q for arm , disarm, etc using phone text......

thank ing you

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ehealo

almeera wrote: »
    hi altor,

i am looking for a for gsm-q instalation on hkc 1070 pannel. i plug the gsm-q to the pannel with a sim and log into eng. mode. i can't find the gsm setting . to enable or do further programing. i have under in comms menu - 1 dtv modem menu, 2 sport equipment menu, 3 - remote user menu, 4-comms opts menu, 5-panal print menu, 6-comm service menu.

please advise me , what i have to do to set up the gsm-q for arm , disarm, etc using phone text......

thank ing you

Hi there. You're 1070 panel needs to be version 3 to support GSM Q. From reading your post, it sounds like you have an old software version of 1070.

hi thanks for the quick reply.

how can i get the new software version ?????, how can i instal. please help me.

thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,545 ✭✭✭kub

thank you

Did you purchase and self install that panel? Also how old is it?

• Advertisement

There is really only one way around this. You are going to need a registered installer who uses HKC to call and upgrade your panel software. HKC will not issues software to unlicensed companies or to self installers. It should only take a few minutes. It can be done by either linking to the 1070 using a laptop with the new Smart Link programme or by PSTN and download from HKC. I would strongly recommend you employ a registered installer. If it costs you 80-100 Euro, it will be money well spent and you will have a properly working alarm, demoed by your installer. Hope this helps. If you log onto the PSA website, you can download a full list of Registered and Licenced installers.

thank you

kub wrote: »
    Did you purchase and self install that panel? Also how old is it?

Yes , I bought and install my self. It's May 2 and half year old

• Registered Users Posts: 6,545 ✭✭✭kub

Yes , I bought and install my self. It's May 2 and half year old

I agree with the previous poster above re getting a licensed techy in to upgrade it.
    Secondly having said that, give HKC a phone call tomorrow, they may say that they cannot assist you but it would not be any harm at all to say that if support was not available then why is their equipment available so easily?
    Best of luck either way, but please let us know how it works out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,702 ✭✭✭✭altor

hi altor,

thank ing you

The only way is to flash the control panel if its an older version of software on the panel. This can easily be done by a registered installer.

I would take ehealo advise and contact a local installer.

Hi, I have installed HKC 1070 at my home one year ago and was replaced only the panel. Everything was working fine. Now my old HKC SAAB battery was week and I replaced with new SAAB blue strobe one. lights are working , tamper is working when we open, but its not triggering when alarm goes on. I did the wiring same as the old HKC SAAB which one was working properly . can you please help me why the new SAAB in not triggering when alarm goes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I have replied to this in your other post
    KoolKid wrote: »
    Ok we need to start at some basics. Do you have a multi meter? If so trigger the system and measure the voltage across Bell + & bell trigger (-) up at the bell.
    Probably just stick to that thread . That will make it easier to follow.

Employ a registered installer!

Advertisement