Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock/Metal bars or clubs in Dublin?

Options
  • 25-11-2010 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hey everyone, does anyone know of any rock or metal bars/clubs in Dublin? If not, then even more of an indie/alternative night would be ok.

Just I have a friend coming over and he doesn't like the typical dance/pop music they play in Dublin clubs (I don't blame him!).

So I'm looking for a cool place that doesnt have the usual annoying stuck up people dancing to the same chart music played everywhere. I'm not a metal head myself but he is so would be nice to take him somewhere like that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

I_am_LOST wrote: »
    Hey everyone, does anyone know of any rock or metal bars/clubs in Dublin? If not, then even more of an indie/alternative night would be ok.

Just I have a friend coming over and he doesn't like the typical dance/pop music they play in Dublin clubs (I don't blame him!).

So I'm looking for a cool place that doesnt have the usual annoying stuck up people dancing to the same chart music played everywhere. I'm not a metal head myself but he is so would be nice to take him somewhere like that.

Fibbers on Parnell Street
    Bruxelles on Harry Street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Without a doubt GYPSY ROSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,802 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Dublin has really expanded it's number of rock/metal bars in the last year

Ya got
    Old fibbers,Parnell st. Been going for years. 3 euro thursdays attratcts a mixed crowd. dj downstairs jukebox/bands upstairs. Currently renovating the downstairs/smoking area. Interesting smell.

New fibbers, The quays. Fibbers older brother. haven't been in a few months but loved it when i was there. 4 quid guinness and pitchers for 11 quid. Definitely aimed at an older crowd. Great for a few before a gig in the olympia.

Bruxelles, off grafton st. Cramped and sweaty, some good drink offers before 12. dj's alright if ya like manowar. theres another bar beside it that's supposed to be indy but usually plays more classic rock of a saturday.

Gypsy rose. aston quay. I LOVE THIS BAR. Upstairs is tiny but downstairs is grand. 4 euro a drink and outrageously hot barmaids. a lot of old fibbers heads switched here so can seem a bit cliquey but generally everyones up for a laugh and a chat.

Club hell, sub lounge, tara st.
    Every saturday. 3.20 pints and a wheel of death(whatever it lands on is 2 quid for 30 minutes) heated smoking area. haven't been myself but heard good things.

On top of that a lot of bar's play classic rock (AC/DC bon jovi etc) and if he's more into the goth scene i'm fairly sure dominions still going

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

Gypsy Rose is alright but it's run by bonehead bikers

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Thread on it here

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Gypsy rose. aston quay. I LOVE THIS BAR. Upstairs is tiny but downstairs is grand. 4 euro a drink and outrageously hot barmaids. a lot of old fibbers heads switched here so can seem a bit cliquey but generally everyones up for a laugh and a chat.

I'm there from around 10'ish tonight, if anyone is about drop me a PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Dublin has really expanded it's number of rock/metal bars in the last year

Ya got
    Old fibbers,Parnell st. Been going for years. 3 euro thursdays attratcts a mixed crowd. dj downstairs jukebox/bands upstairs. Currently renovating the downstairs/smoking area. Interesting smell.

New fibbers, The quays. Fibbers older brother. haven't been in a few months but loved it when i was there. 4 quid guinness and pitchers for 11 quid. Definitely aimed at an older crowd. Great for a few before a gig in the olympia.

Bruxelles, off grafton st. Cramped and sweaty, some good drink offers before 12. dj's alright if ya like manowar. theres another bar beside it that's supposed to be indy but usually plays more classic rock of a saturday.

Every saturday. 3.20 pints and a wheel of death(whatever it lands on is 2 quid for 30 minutes) heated smoking area. haven't been myself but heard good things.

On top of that a lot of bar's play classic rock (AC/DC bon jovi etc) and if he's more into the goth scene i'm fairly sure dominions still going
    Pretty much covers it all tbh.

And yes, dominion is still going on saturdays in murrays (around the corner from old fibbers)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I'm there from around 10'ish tonight, if anyone is about drop me a PM.

Not going to Warpaths new album launch in Fibbers? :D

This is the thing. I used to frequent Brux, but was in there last Sat and it was absolutely rammed. I think it's the new layout. The DJ and bar being the congestion zones and they're put right at the f*ckin' entrance/exit (ok the main one, not the smoker one down the side).

And yeah I do realise that Exodus were playing the same night and that was just a snapshot of it being crap. No, it's been like that the last few times I've been there.

Fibbers (old) is still my haunt of choice. Amazing live acts and spacious. Or am I just getting old?! Sh!t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Pallas Athena

Dominion's full of weirdos that got kicked out of Fibs years ago. They had to come up with a place where to gather, hence Dominion. It's a stinky hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

bassey wrote: »
    Gypsy Rose is alright but it's run by bonehead bikers

most are wannabe bikers. Some real ones in there too but most just dress the part and like the scene. Nothing wrong with it and most aren't boneheads just some. Had many good nights there anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I love the idea of a wheel of death. I must check this place out some time.

Advertisement